all I wanna do is make a deposit!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
so I go do my various banking duties today, since it's payday, and I have to deal with bank tellers. I've decided I'm going to make a shirt to wear on days that I have to do this. It will have the following on it:
  • I don't want a new ATM card
  • I don't want to refinance
  • I don't want to open a savings account
  • I don't want any money orders
  • I don't want any traveler's checks
  • I don't even want to talk!
please, bank teller type people, just take care of my transaction in a timely manner and let's just get out of here. You really don't care how my weekend was, do you?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Pred - Here in the civilized world we have things like direct deposit and online banking so you don't have to deal with the mouth breathers. ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
Pred - Here in the civilized world we have things like direct deposit and online banking so you don't have to deal with the mouth breathers. ;)
yeah, well I still live in the late '70s, so I gotta deal with what I gotta deal with :|

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
No one said life in a mud hut would be easy. ;)

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Here in the civilized world we have things like direct deposit and online banking so you don't have to deal with the mouth breathers

I'm anti civilized! I'm like 1 of 1000 in my company with a Live check! I like to walk in a talk with the new minimium wage employee everyweek. I use a small bank and they all know me when I walk in. If I ever have a problem they fix it it no questions asked!

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Oh, another thing, XRP, todays banks only work with coins & folding money. They will not take your beads & skins......

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Hopin' you got a doggie treat

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
At least you are making a deposit, I'm usualy going the other way with my money.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Farmer John said:
Oh, another thing, XRP, todays banks only work with coins & folding money. They will not take your beads & skins......
Now FJ, don't be tellin' that to my local Hudson's Bay Co. outlet! I did pretty good when I took in my last bale of beaver pelts. Does a good job of making the pickup payments.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I don't want a new ATM card
I don't want to refinance
I don't want to open a savings account
I don't want any money orders
I don't want any traveler's checks
I don't even want to talk!

Do you want fries with that?
Do you want cheese on that quarter pounder?
Do you want some cheese to go with your whine?

In the words of the great modern day philosopher, Tim Wilson:

"Banks is what's wrong with this country!"

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
BadgerMan said:
Do you want cheese on that quarter pounder?
excuse me, but . . .

Attachments

• 06-19-07_0919.jpg
    06-19-07_0919.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 187

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
:rotfl:

Too much awesome......................................

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
bsmith said:
I'm anti civilized! I'm like 1 of 1000 in my company with a Live check!

At least you have a choice. End of last year, my employer forced everyone to go to direct deposit. If you didn't, you don't get paid! Now you get deposited on Friday morning instead of getting paid on Thursday afternoon. I guess they get another days interest that way. We started out with the option like you have. Only lasted about a year, then everyone was forced.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
junkjeeps said:
End of last year, my employer forced everyone to go to direct deposit.

I have been DD for about fifteen years. I had an employer way back when that did the same thing. Now, I would not have it any other way. It's a PITA anytime I have some sort of check that I have to go to the bank and cash/deposit.

I used to hate getting a check every Friday, especially when that Friday was on or near the first of the month since the bank would be full of retired folks cashing SS checks. Every darned one of them wanted to know how much interest they had earned since last month. I would sometimes blow an entire lunch hour standing in line. I love DD as I no longer have to deal with that line and the waiting.

friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
If I go with a check, I get it on friday...if I go with DD, it's in there by Wednesday most of the time!! I really like having it done automatically, and I love being able to pay bills and do transfers from the web.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Some of the tellers at my bank make it worth an actual visit. :yikes:

Only problem is I keep asking for everything in pairs. :nod:

Top Bottom