all I wanna do is make a deposit!

junkjeeps

Lifetime Sponsor
bsmith said:
I'm anti civilized! I'm like 1 of 1000 in my company with a Live check!

At least you have a choice. End of last year, my employer forced everyone to go to direct deposit. If you didn't, you don't get paid! Now you get deposited on Friday morning instead of getting paid on Thursday afternoon. I guess they get another days interest that way. We started out with the option like you have. Only lasted about a year, then everyone was forced.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
junkjeeps said:
End of last year, my employer forced everyone to go to direct deposit.
I have been DD for about fifteen years. I had an employer way back when that did the same thing. Now, I would not have it any other way. It's a PITA anytime I have some sort of check that I have to go to the bank and cash/deposit.

I used to hate getting a check every Friday, especially when that Friday was on or near the first of the month since the bank would be full of retired folks cashing SS checks. Every darned one of them wanted to know how much interest they had earned since last month. I would sometimes blow an entire lunch hour standing in line. I love DD as I no longer have to deal with that line and the waiting.

If I go with a check, I get it on friday...if I go with DD, it's in there by Wednesday most of the time!! I really like having it done automatically, and I love being able to pay bills and do transfers from the web.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Some of the tellers at my bank make it worth an actual visit. :yikes:

Only problem is I keep asking for everything in pairs. :nod: