dan4011

Sep 12, 2004
well. lately ive been really confused, i recently got my yz125, which one of my friends is really geleouse of. well i went on a vacation to FL for about 5 days, before i left i washed the bike till it was spotless, then parked it in my garage and pulled the cap off the plug, to try to prevent my older bro from driving it (hes an idiot) well i get back, and its covered in mud, but parked in the same place with the cap back off (but not tucked where i had it) and less gas, well my first assumption is that my bro drove it, but after asking him he seid he didnt, of coarse i didnt really care too much because nothing was wrong with it, well at school i got alot of people telling me they saw my bike driving around at the school (my bike same # and everything) and driving down the read, towards a friend of my friends house.
i dunno but this is just messed up, i know it wasent my brother (u can tell when people are lying) and he wouldnt drive on a street, and id really not want 2 think it wasent my friend because thats just messed up to go over to someones house and just jack there bike out of there garage and drive it down the STREET through INTERSECTIONS (where my friends saw it when they were on the bus) he doesent go 2 school so it makes sense they would see him.
i hope you guys understand because probably like most people you guys wouldnt want anyone taking your bike out for a "spin" when u were gone.
also i definately need another way to rig the bike so whoever keeps riding it evrytime i leave my house wont be able to start it.
sorry for the long post

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Another way to secure the bike is to put a padlock on the rear sprocket (thru one of the holes) and overlapping the chain. You can not roll it this way. Do not drain the gas tank dry because he just may be an idiot enough to dump in gas weithout pre mix
As far as a friend who would take the bike without you present and your permission is NOT a friend. It is going to be hard to prove it but I'll bet he lets it slip to someone that he had it out. No offense to you but guys your age just can not keep secrets for long.
Make it clear that you will call the police if it ever happens again and report the bike stolen (make sure you have the VIN number written down where you can find it quick

I know how proud you are of that bike (and you should be) so be sure you protect both it and yourself.

dan4011

Sep 12, 2004
yea, it just makes sense, all the stuff hes talked about doing on it my special "joy rider" has done.
only other explination i could have is that i know a guy who lives near where my friends say they saw my bike has a yz250, but hes like 40 and never would hit the street with it. and its not #5, unless he stole my ghetto spray painted helmet and changed his number to 5.

u cant start a my bike without a kick starter :debil:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
a buddy used to always put his bike on the stand, then take the front wheel off.

Oct 10, 2004
If it was your "friend" i would lay a serious beating on him if I were you. never had it done to my bike but i leant my truck out and saw the guy dooing brake torques with it in a parking lot about an hour later. never lent the truck or any veichle out again

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Tell the punk that if he doesn't wash and detail the bike you are going to call the cops.
When he swears he didn't ride it, call the cops.

Your so called pal may well be innocent, and NO you can't always tell when people are lying, especially older brothers. Advise your brother that the cops are on their way to make a report on your stolen bike, and if he wants to add anything to his story, nows the time to do it. Be very serious, this was no joking matter.

You can't go busting anyones knot for this, even though if feels like that would be the proper response...try not to put yourself in jeapardy over this. There are ways to handle this in an adult like manner.
If I were you, I wouldn't simply let it go...you need to know who did this for future reference. They WILL do it, or something equally as ignorant again.

What's Mom or Dad have to say about all this?

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I use THIS to lock my bike. I run it across the swingarm and through the spokes. so far it's prevented at least one thief from taking my ride.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
dan4011 said:
u cant start a my bike without a kick starter :debil:
I can......Push start a 125, push a 250. I can do either.

Seriously, the pad locks will do the trick. My bike sits in the garage with a pad lock through the front brake disc and a Kryptonite lock theough the rear wheel and around the swing arm. Plus my car sits in the way enough that you would have a good time getting it out even with out the locks. If my bike gets gone with all that, I don't really care because it's insured. I'll just file the police report and collect the insurance.

I knew a guy once that pulled off the carb before he left on a trip to prevent his brother from riding his bike. That worked without a hitch. No carb, no run.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
Dan4011,

I have to agree with Jaybird, call the cops and let the professionals handle it. Just give them all the info and who you suspect, they will take it from there. Nip this behavior in the budd or it will happen again.

And for gods sake, lock your bike up. Mine are in a locked shed, then locked together. When I bring them in the garage to work on them, I chain them up at night. We all have heard of stories about bikes being stolen out of locked garages, because the bike wasn't chained up.

All the above suggestions are good, padlock the rotors, Kryptonitet the rear wheel and swing arm.
I bought this kryptonight cable and the strongest masterlock I could find. I weave it through both wheels and the frame, then lock it to something big and heavy like my welder. Cable $20, lock $10 from the H depot.

http://www.kryptonitelock.com/ineti...s@public?artid=2720&atf=products_item&pgrp=20

Hope this helps, Steve.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Definitely lock it up. We live in a duplex and have to share the garage w/neighbors. We were lucky and haven't had any until now. When we first moved in, we bought one of those huge cable locks and a gigantic master lock. The bikes are locked together, and the cable goes through the frames and rear tire. The cable also loops through part of the trailer and both ends are then locked to the trailer w/the master lock (we have to keep them on the trailer).

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
MadArrow said:
Just leave the front axle nut loose. Hard to hide the road rash :cool:
And it always so much fun spending money repairing the bike :coocoo:
He may end up with road rash but Dan may end up with parents getting sued

Top Bottom