MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I haven't had my tech 8's for very long, for a few months. I was wondering has anyone else experienced the sole wearing out? My boots were the replaceable sole area right in front were it connects back to solid part is wearing rather fast like right at the edges. The area were the balls of your feet ride on the pegs mainly the outter edges. by the replaceable middle piece I all ready have a chunk the size of about a dime worn right down past the rubber sole. This is my first pair of new alpinestars and it bums me out they are wearing so fast. The cheapy axo rc 4's I had for 2 years didn't chunk so easy. Anyone know familar with what it would require to get them resoled from alpinestar? I love these boots and I'd hate to really mess them up for something like this. Think some shoe goo would work as a temp band aid fix?

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Contact Alpinestars and they will fix them as they are having problems with some. Mine are 2 years old (2000) and the soles are in great shape along with several of my friends that haven't had any type of problems with their Tech 8's.

If you run out of luck with Alpinestars, here is where Alpinestars's sends their boots for repair.
Sole Performance
Encinitas, Calif.
1-800-944-2755

Also I hear Freemont Boot Repair does a fantastic job on mx boot repair
124 Stewart
Freemont, MI 49412
616-924-0190

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
The 8's are known for this problem. Seems that sharp aftermarket pegs are particularly hard on them. I run IMS proseries pegs and I have the same experience with both pairs for my 8's. I don't hardly wear them anymore even though they're in great shape. Someday I'll put the $70 into getting good soles installed so I can use them again but it's a tough pill to swallow after having spent the big money for them in the first place. I now use Sidi Flex Force SRS and Diadora Rainbows with the same pegs with zero sole problems. I can't believe Astar hasn't addressed this problem yet. I love the 8's but not if I can't wear them.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom