Sayntmatt

Jul 22, 2002
I gotta get some new boots and I really like the Alpinestars but I dont know which to get? Obviously the new Tech 10's look and feel very nice but how much better are they than the Tech 8's? Are they worth the extra cash? Does anyone have any experience with both of these boots?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i friend of mine borrowed a pair of Tech 10s to try (the owner ran them once and wanted to sell them)- he is a Tech 8 wearer and he couldnt wait to take the tech 10s off- the biggest complaint was the sole- he said that he couldnt feel the foot controls properly and had a big problem dragging/tapping the rear brake over jumps.

another buddy of mine commented that he felt Chad Reed looked like he stuggled to get used to the Tech 10s at the start of the season.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
general word too is a LOT less support/protection than the 8's.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Alpinestars really messed up with the T10's, I would definitely stick with T8's for the comfort factor.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Sayntmatt said:
Wow I would have thought the 10's would have been superior in that department?!?!

I think they sacrificed a lot of support for little bit of weight.

Eitherway, people should not buy the Tech10 out of principle, they are the first $400 boot, and if they start selling loads of them, everyone will put their boots up to $400.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I have not tried the T-10's but the T8's are great boots. The sole is a little soft for my likeing, but strong enoug to provide enough suppor to keep you from getting hurt. Otherwise I have no complaints at all with the boot.

Top Bottom