Also, do dirt bike tires go flat easily?

trist007

Oct 3, 2007
I have a 2005 KX-250F completely stock. I was wondering if it would be safe to take it to my ranch in south Texas. Would it get a flat easily with all those thorns and rocks?

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
showimage.php

Cajun Burglar Alarm.... :laugh:

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
i am guessing at 12 psi but you will nwwd a manual to know for sure and for the tire you have the tire itself for protection and a tube inside of the tire so a hole in the tire does not neccecarily mean a hole in the tube this also depends on tire stiffness the stiffer the tire the harder it is to puncture I think you will be alright though those tires are pretty tough and can handle quite a bit of abuse if they are in good condition

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
mafols said:
showimage.php

Cajun Burglar Alarm.... :laugh:

Uhhh, okay? :coocoo:

Not sure what that has to do with tires, but anyway ...

We usually run our tires a little high on the pressure out here, just to save our rims from the rocks. When I lived in Iowa we had these locust trees that had thorns as big around as pencils and about 6" long. They would fall off the trees and be all over the trails, I never had a flat from one of them. Had a few nasty scars and pulled a lot of them out of my arms and legs, but no flats.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Methinks Mafols got mixed up with the multitude of threads that trist007 started up.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
XRpredator said:
Methinks Mafols got mixed up with the multitude of threads that trist007 started up.

Could be?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Good grief dude! Did you not do ANY reasearch or planning before getting your bike?

-If you get busted on the street in SA they can take your bike AND fine you, expect to spend over $500.
-Tires go flat, pinch flats & thors are common in Texas, buy Slime (look it up).
-Every hear of Kryptonite Locks? They will slow somebody down but a dirt bike doesn't weight much so take your risk as you see fit.

Do more reading and less typing!!!

trist007

Oct 3, 2007
nah mafols answered my question. He posted pics of himself riding his dirt bike at a "ranch". So one could deduce that the tires are tough enough to handle a ranch.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
trist007 said:
nah mafols answered my question. He posted pics of himself riding his dirt bike at a "ranch". So one could deduce that the tires are tough enough to handle a ranch.

In all seriousness you need to do some research on dirtbikes based on what I am reading.

Use the search button and research things like maintenance, tires, psi, jetting, starting, clutch, body control, and whatever else you can think of.

You DEFINITELY need to take a Motorcycle Safety Foundation class. Just do a search on google for the nearest one in your area.

Ivan

trist007

Oct 3, 2007
I got my motorcycle license last year. I've had a dual sport 650 with a kickstart, then I had two street bikes. That's my xp so far. I rode the kx250f this morning. At first, the balancing felt weird cause I'm used to low street bikes, but I got it. I'm very careful and I don't plan on flooring this bike for a long time.

Top Bottom