motogps

Dec 31, 2005
I just picked up a 98 cr 125 with an aluminum pipe and I mean an ALUMINUM pipe, not the sliencer. Iv'e never seen or heard of a pipe like this before, is it any good? Comments?

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Pictures! Get a close up of the welds. No, aluminum is not good for pipe use. It can't really take the heat. Plus, aluminum tears instead of dents. That makes it really hard to repair if you crash it. There is a reason you don't see more aluminum pipes.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I go to www.photobucket.com for all of my hosting needs. Just copy and paste the "
stuff under the picture.

Hey, an aluminum pipe is cool and all. It's just not very practical.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I believe it cause around that 'era 97-98 there was a company that was offering aluminum pipes they bombed for two reason's the inside of the pipe welds were not smooth which wasn't good and they was a good $100 more then say an FMF/PC I have never seen one in person just read bout them in mags back then and they got bad reviews.

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
Your aluminum pipe was sold by the tshirt company Xtreme and was manufactured by factory pipe. The same people who make the watercraft pipes. I know because I worked for the company and sold a few here in Michigan.

Top Bottom