Alvin/Santa Fe Texas Riding Area's?

Jamz

Dec 14, 2005
Hey guys & gals getting back into dirt riding again after a few years off road racing. I just moved to Santa Fe close to Alvin and just bought a 00 YZ250 and looking for somewhere to ride. All my previous experience was trail riding at the Sam Houston Forest and some "MX type" riding down in Freeport. I have seen Skeeters nearby but wasn't sure how well that would work. Need to get some seat time in before I hit a track I belive. Anyone know of any areas around there to ride around a bit and/or have some good info on Skeeters? BTW tried to find that place...it is the track that looks to be in someones back yard with no signs to let you know that is it, or am I just blind and can't see the sign(other then the BIG one off the highway)???? I would like to try the track out later but as of now, I havn't ridden dirt in a while and am new to the 2 stroke world so looking for some trails I can hit in the afternoons or real quick with out the 2 hour drive to the forest.

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
I moved away from Houston years ago, but I heard that Rio Bravo was open again. Also, I heard that there is a track near Beaumont as well. Lastly, I have heard that there are trails along some river in the Beaumont area w/ camping (all legal riding on private property). I'd suggest going to some of the local dealers and finding out from them where the areas are these days.
good luck!

Top Bottom