michman

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 7, 2000
Here's the story. It was on either DRN or TT a guy posted that he needed some stock triple clamps for his KTM since he had hit a tree and twisted the lower bad. Since I had just put on some new ones I wrote him and said that he could have my stockers. I even cover the shipping since I had a surprise trip come up and felt bad that they would not get there in time I blued label them so he could ride that weekend. Now here is why I pissed off. I said that I did notneed any cash for them since I didn't plan on ever using them again. However he did offer to make me a rear disc guard for a KTM and I said that would be perfect since X-mas was a month away and I was going to give it as a gift to my bud that would be getting his new bike around then. Since then not a word or a thank you. Even wrote him two days ago still nothing. I have in the past on DRN gave a XR carb to a member he was kind enough to let me ride his sweet XR at dirtweek. I also sent some bars to a guy and he sent me a check for 25.00 that I did not ask for and two T-shirts. But come on not even a thank you. So what are your thoughts? Just needed to vent a little.

Mike

Last edited:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
That seems pretty lame to me. But the guy could be layed up in the hospital or something. Or, he could be an ungrateful pile of guano.

Got any stuff that I need?:confused:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I understand your frustration. I have sent parts to DRN members before and I have also recieved things from members as well. I have always been treated very well by people. I guess I've just been lucky.

B

biglou

Mike-I's say that you're a helluva nice guy and you're batting about .750! I too have gotten, given, swapped and borrowed parts since I started here on DRN and I have to say that all my experiences have been positive. Don't let it bother you too much. Just feel good knowing that you did a nice thing for someone in need.:)

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
You run into all types...I have done quite a bit of parts swapping with members from this board. Out of maybe 30 packages, and a couple of bikes, there have only been a couple so called "not appreciative" folks. What chaps me is the blatant miss representation (lying) that some folks seem to feel ok with about thier goods.. I have wanted to expose them, but swallowed my pride and chalked it up to experience.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
There some good one's & bad one's!

michman: here you go :cool:
Let me thank you for the jerk ! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!! YOU SAVED ME A TON MONEY. AND MY WIFE WAS EVEN NICE TO ME FOR TAKING HER TO DINNER, WITH THE EXTRA CASH I SAVED thanks again! and too the dead beat :moon:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Nope.

after meeting you at the very first DRN, I can attest you are not a jerk. I have been very fortunate to deal with those memebers who seem to go the extra mile in making sure you are happy with a deal. With the growth to 12K + members, there's bound to be some bad one's in the bunch. I have started being more selective in those I deal with.
Keep the faith. If the guy hasn't even acknowledged you e-mails, maybe he is unable to at this point. If he doesn't ever, than know that you are in a class above him, the kind of folks who make DRN the place it is. The kind we like to call family :) . Then again, Dirtweek is like a family reunion, even those "cousins" who you wouldn't claim :confused: seem to arrive. j/k ;)

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
"Pay it Forward" - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe in the future he will remember that you did something for him for nothing (forget the guard) and will do something for someone else. You never know what he is going through at the moment that has caused him to become noncommunicative.

VD - I've got some new MX Swipers, tell me what they are and you can have them :)

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
i know i know, mx swipers, term used by certain people to describe thier preteen children,who have been taught to steal moto x bikes at the local track...see also "oliver" hmmmmm...."may i have some more." i win i win.:aj:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by Kiwi Bird
VD - I've got some new MX Swipers, tell me what they are and you can have them :)
Well that's an easy one Kiwi. MX swipers are the card readers that you "swipe" your ID badge through to gain access to the MX Missle system.

Why do you have those?

Last edited:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Oh man, I got a horrible pang in my tummy as I started to read this thread. I can't remember if I appropriately thanked Slo'mo for the clutch plates he gave me!! :scream:

My only excuse is that I am a total scatter brain! So Hal, in case I did forget please, please, PLEASE accept my apology and a very heartfelt THANK YOU!! If ever you need anything in return don't hesitate to ask. :)

I have also found that homemade chicken enchilladas can make for an excellent exchange currency when dealing with the right people. ;) The way to Kiwi's heart REALLY is through his tummy! :)

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Michman, maybe something happened to him and he can't get back to you or maybe he is just an ass. Either way feel good about what you did because it is that very kind of selfless act that turned my life around. In one day I went from a miserable divorce and faced with loosing all that I have ever worked for to discovering that there are people like you out there and you are anxious to help and I realized that the best things in life can't be bought or taken away by any court. Trust me buddy, there are some of us out here will never find just the right words to say thank you. You did a good thing and you should be proud.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
VD - where do I send the missles? I got them for my Maico and then never used them, they're still in the packet.

Yes, chicken enchilladas work very well.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by Kiwi Bird
VD - where do I send the missles?
Uhhm, are you gonna light the fuse and send 'em? Or, put 'em in a box?

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Michman, you might look menacing to some folks but since I have had the pleasure of meeting and visiiting with you at DW '01 & DW '02 I can assure you that you are a class act. I feel your pain and it would cause a ruffle in my feathers too but don't let it get to you. Most people that I have through this site would do almost anything for a fellow rider and DRN'r. You're the tops bud. Don't let this 1 person change you or your outlook on life.

michman

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 7, 2000
Yesterday was just one of those days at work or I should say the last couple of weeks. Anyhow the main reason I wrote about this to see if anyone has had the same experience and what were there thoughts. Kiwi bird I am a firm believer in the pay forward thought such as the reason why that I practice it. So now I will pray for April 4th when I able to fly home to ride MY dirtbike and good weather. Also that DW 2002 falls on a weekend that my team schedule will allow me to attend. Oh one last thing thanks to all that replied.;)

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Originally posted by Thump
BTW, I thanked Billy for the clutch at DW01.... then he blew my bike up and thanked me for letting him ride it.:think

Thanked you..nah, I just have a twisted way to recoup my losses :aj:

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Michman a jerk? NO, but he does need to learn how to cross a creek. :p. Or maybe I should say where to cross.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I was at Loretta Lynnes in 2000 and had a crash on the first day, broke the clutch perch, had the bike packed up and ready to leave when I ran into Bill Malec, DRbillZ. Now we are at the very ends of the spectrum when it comes to politics, but when dirt biking, we have a lot of fun. He runs off to some honda guys and comes back with a used perch and a spanking new lever sealed in plastic. I never got to thank the Honda guy, and when I offered to pay Bill or even return the favor, he just smiled and said not to worry. So I will do my thank you's again, to the Honda guy at LL's in 2000, thank you very much, you don't know how much I appreciated your kind gesture.

I am sure you kindness will be returned ten fold, now stop being a jerk ! ;)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Mike, we have not met, but after reading these posts from people who have, I look forward to meeting you (maybe April 4th).
Do not let one experience change who you are. I agree with Ivan - what goes around comes around (good and bad). I also try to live by the Golden Rule..do unto others... It all works out in the end.

Top Bottom