CptChunky89

Dec 25, 2006
Well I am looking to buy a bike and I have found one I found a 2000 kx 125 for $750 but the only proably the guy said is that when he went to start it it wouldnt start for him so he gave up he said that he thinks its the spark plug or the carborator needs to be cleaned out also he said there was a broken clutch handle but he said the clutch worked fine when he rode it when the handle was broke and he is also throwing in new tires a new pipe and new pistons.. so what do you guys think is it good or no? also when I go look at the bike im bringing along a spark plug to replace it to see if it will run

dmdee99

Apr 24, 2006
Just make sure you are able to start it. The idea of you bring a plug and trying to start it is great. If it starts and the clutch does work it would be a steal. You might want to check also if the bike is registerd to him. Because it is so cheap it might be stolen.

That is my two cents.

Good Luck

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
CptChunky89 said:
Well I am looking to buy a bike and I have found one I found a 2000 kx 125 for $750 but the only proably the guy said is that when he went to start it it wouldnt start for him so he gave up he said that he thinks its the spark plug or the carborator needs to be cleaned out also he said there was a broken clutch handle but he said the clutch worked fine when he rode it when the handle was broke and he is also throwing in new tires a new pipe and new pistons.. so what do you guys think is it good or no? also when I go look at the bike im bringing along a spark plug to replace it to see if it will run

i bought my 2000 KX125 for $1400, thats a deal. you have the opportunity to pay only half of what i did, you should grab it while you can. also make sure to bring a spark plug just to make sure nothing is really wrong with the bike, also make sure to check to see if its registered to him, thats a steal man, get it! :cool: :ride:

blackduc98

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Dec 19, 2005
If it sounds too good to be true...

Unless the seller is a complete idiot, he would spend $3 for a new spark plug and $12 for a new clutch lever before showing the bike. Unless of course he knows that there is something far worse wrong with it. $750 is way too cheap, so beware! New piston costs $120, new pipe is $200, and new tires are $200, so that's $520 of spare parts he is giving you in addition to the bike. So that's $230 for the bike itself? That would be the bargain of the century. Bring a compression tester with you, and a big friend, and make sure the bike isn't stolen before you hand over your cash.

CptChunky89

Dec 25, 2006
Well guys it was a STEAL! i got it for 750 and all it needed was a new spark plug and to change out the gas and after about 3 good kicks it started i was really surprised but theres only 1 problem the dude had ran into a fence (idiot huh?) and the front forks wont compress that well any ideas?

blackduc98

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Dec 19, 2005
4thGearAndPinned said:
What kind of tires do you buy? I pay 115$ for tires. And no, i dont buy some cheap tire like bridgerock or something, i get dunlops.
Yes, you are right. A set of Pirelli MT16 will run $130+shipping from rockymountainmc.com. I was recently pricing Michelin X11 trials tires, and that's where the $200 figure came from - it was on the tip of my brain, but obviously not applicable to a KX125.

blackduc98

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Dec 19, 2005
CptChunky89 said:
the dude had ran into a fence (idiot huh?) and the front forks wont compress that well any ideas?
If the fork tubes are bent then start looking on E-b-a-y for a set of forks. If they are just badly twisted in the triple clamps, then you just need to loosen upper and lower clamp bolts and the steering stem bolt. Then align everything, and tighten to specified torque.

Yz250FinAZ

Dec 15, 2003
wow...$750 for a 2000 125? i need to find deals like that O.o

Top Bottom