Am I missing parts here or is it just me?

stilkikin

Aug 27, 2008
First off I am a newb here, this is my first dirt bike. It was bought as is for 650.00. It runs like a champ but has a nice little tick that changes with the RPM. I am assuming that it is the KIPS rattle but it needs a top end job anyway so we'll see about that one. My question is about the ends on the swingarm, they look awful bare. Is there anything that is missing that you guys can tell me? Also I would like to know if these are the factory forks, I read that these bikes didn't come with inverted forks but here they are. It is a 93 KDX200 by the way.

Well nevermind, my photosize is too large and I don't know how too resize as I don't have any editing software. Does anyone know how I can get some pics up here? Any help would be highly appreciated.

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
93-94 had USD forks so you are fine there. And the ends of the swingarm are bare except for a pin/bolt that goes vertically through the end of each side. Don't worry, you aren't missing anything, just make sure its tight and go ride.

multiman

Aug 16, 2008
Sorry to hijack but I also just got a 93 and am in the same boat as you. I will start a new thread if you'd like.

I've got the tick but have read its normal for these things

Already rebuilt the forks and changed the bearings on the front end. Next is the silencer, have no idea what kind it is but she is loud. Everything seems to work though and its a fun bike. My first dirtbike and I'm 35 :nod:

Attachments

• 93kdx200.jpg
    93kdx200.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 302

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, that Irfanview is what I use. Easy to resize.

Wow, that bike is such a reminder of how strange the colors were in the early 90s. My 92rm had some pink leopard print seat, STOCK :rotfl: . Yamaha was making some pinkish bikes, too. Honda had the neon red that turned pink after a couple years. That "ballistic nylon" seat cover material was pretty common, too. I spent almost all of my time in highschool reading magazines. :boss: I remember those plastic fairing things they had around then as well. Those were funky. :yikes:

Well, stillkikin, resize and post em up! :cool:

Multiman, welcome to the sport. A kdx is a great play bike. Glad to hear you want to get that loud silencer taken care of. :)

stilkikin

Aug 27, 2008
Lets try this

I think this will work, we'll see. Anyways I looked up the parts diagram and found what I'm missing. Thanks for everyones help. Ipulled the seat and found out someone has already removed the air box lid and put on an aftermarket filter. It has a FMF gold series pipe but I have no clue as to what kind. It also has an FMF silencer if that is what you want to call it. This thing is twice as loud as my quad. It needs a new carb boot as this one has a hole that has electrical tape over it and is pretty cracked up. I haven't checked the reeds yet to see if they are stock or not. I'm assuming it has been re-jetted because it has no bad spots in the RPM range. I also need to replace the fork seals and fork oil. When I strapped it down in the trailer it started spewing out of the forks. Anyone want to tell me how involved the seals are to replace? Do the forks have to come out of the T.T? I have no clue how much fork oil I have to put back in after I drain it all either. So if any one can help thanks. I have a manual on the way just waiting and getting impatient.

stilkikin

Aug 27, 2008
Blue and white Staffordshire terrier. She's my baby, she keeps people away from my toys. :o) She's pregnant right now, she was bred with a red and white red nosed APBT.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Yeah, they call them "Staffordshire Terriers" where law probits pittbulls. They are beautiful dogs. I tried rescuing one from a shelter a few years back, but she didn't get along with my English Bulldog. We got an American Bulldog pup after that. They have a very similar appearance, the Amercan Bully being a bit more stout. Amazing how well an intimidating dog works as a security system, huh?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Husky, pit bull,(staffordshire left with 1 sons girl friend)and min-pin. Guess which one runs, and defends the house?

Attachments

• daisy.jpg
    daisy.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 140
  • rex.jpg
    rex.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 138
  • l_2ccaabedfc732c6a39b58a377fe6278e.jpg
    l_2ccaabedfc732c6a39b58a377fe6278e.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 139

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Mine runs around spitting husky hair out, gets him right in the throat. That pitbull is like 8 months old now, keeps his distance and barks. She is of the toy, or smaller min pins. I can not imagine the bigger ones!

stilkikin

Aug 27, 2008
Skye (her name) is all bark and no bite. She has been well socialized but you can't tell from the outside of the fence. You can leave my gate wide open and she won't even leave the yard. Only good dog I've ever had.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Dotty, 14 month old Staffordshire Terrier. A pit bull on steroids! A pit bull that jumps! But listens?

Attachments

• l_bf52d9dbeeeb0d2afe0b68b24b07567e.jpg
    l_bf52d9dbeeeb0d2afe0b68b24b07567e.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 122

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
_JOE_ said:
Yeah, they call them "Staffordshire Terriers" where law probits pittbulls. They are beautiful dogs. I tried rescuing one from a shelter a few years back, but she didn't get along with my English Bulldog. We got an American Bulldog pup after that. They have a very similar appearance, the Amercan Bully being a bit more stout. Amazing how well an intimidating dog works as a security system, huh?

An American Staffordshire Terrier is not the same as a Pit Bull, but the breed is related to the American Pit Bull Terrier.

Outside of that, you shouldn't breed the dog, just get it spayed. There are already plenty of dogs out there that need a good home and breeding more is just adding to the huge overpopulation...

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Yep, all spayed and or neutered. Cept the husky. He has more paper work than I do!

Man, I love Huskies. I wish I could have one but I don't feel right keeping a dog with that long of fur outside during the long hot and humid Oklahoma summers.

stilkikin

Aug 27, 2008
wake_rider said:
Outside of that, you shouldn't breed the dog, just get it spayed. There are already plenty of dogs out there that need a good home and breeding more is just adding to the huge overpopulation...

Being a single father I only have a limited amount of time I can work. These pups are are a nice little income on the side, even if there are more out there than needed.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
stilkikin said:
Being a single father I only have a limited amount of time I can work. These pups are are a nice little income on the side, even if there are more out there than needed.

I hear ya. I have a pair of Boston Terriers and a pair of English Bulldogs.

Top Bottom