Am I the only one who prefers natural aluminum rims??

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Looking at the new Husky 310 yesterday and loved it. One of the best looking bikes I've ever seen, except I have decided I just don't like the look of black rims. But it seems so many manufacturers are now going to them and the readers and buyers seem to love them. I'm a huge Penn State fan, but always thought the black shoes in the white uniforms made the players look slow, even though they weren't (Ok, some years they were). And as I got to thinking about it and thumbing through some magazines, I really don't like many colored anodized rims. Aside from the fact every time I've changed a tire on a black rim, it looks a bit trashed (not overly careful, I guess), I just think the natural aluminum color looks sleeker and better.

Am I alone???

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I prefer just plain old natural aluminum, not because I don't like colored rims (I think colored rims look good) but because they would look trashed pretty quick after smashing through sand and rocks in the desert. I suppose they would hold up decent if just used for moto and especially if used for super moto. In time, anodized rims would look worse than natural rims ..IMO.

These are dirt bikes, not showboat trailer queens. :boss:

Last edited:

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I love the look of brand new coloured anodized rims. Unfortunately the terrain I ride will scratch them too quickly. Well, that and changing tires. I tend to avoid 'bling' parts since my bikes never stay pretty. Riding 3-5 days will do that. Instead I focus on modifications that help make my bike easier to ride.

CT-Jimbo

Apr 28, 2008
You're not the only one, I like the silver steel wheels though. They're a bit tougher than the aluminum on the rocks I ride in. They are heavy, but tough is better than light. The pretty anodized or painted rims on dirt bikes and dirt trucks just show me that they never really get off road.

Top Bottom