RECENT POSTS

am i to big to ride a dirtbike

knowiam

Subscriber
me big and rid durt biks gud.

Nope not at all. I know someone who is about 5'7" and he has a playbike. its a little PW-80, (really funny to watch) But he go it for dirt cheap.

Anywho. All you need is a big bike.

tony91

Subscriber
Not at all. When you make a choice on a bike, be sure to budget for mods you'll need to make the bike "fit". I'd start with suspension first.

knowiam

Subscriber
Tim-

After revisiting this thread, I realized that my response was neither funny nor helpful.

You need to talk to "Pred" regarding plus sizes... I've not met that man, but my guess is that you both cast about the same size shadow. :nod:

I don't believe that one can be too big or too old to enjoy riding a dirtbike.

Good luck :cool:

Ken

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Hell no! you are not too big to ride a dirtbike!!!

At 350 you CAN fly too!

bigtim6656 said:
i am 6'5 350 pounds am i to big to ride a dirt bike
Just based on the size, no.

If you are a 350 pound linebacker then I would say you wouldn't have any problem at all. You will definitely need to adjust the suspension on the bike to your weight and you might need to take it a little easier through the whoops than your 150 pound buddy but you can certainly ride and enjoy the sport.

If you are a 350 pound couch potato then I would predict some major problems. When you get into the rough stuff your legs become a vital part of the suspension. You have to be able to stand on the pegs, let your legs pump so that the bike can move underneath you. The heavier you are the more strength and endurance it will take. Attempting to ride without standing on the pegs is likely to get you hurt.

Rod

bigtim6656 said:
i am 6'5 350 pounds am i to big to ride a dirt bike

not at all. i'm about 5'7 150ish and i ride a KX 85 on the track and do all the jumps. i mean it hurts like hell when i case just the slightest, but thats the only thing i had to ride untill i got my 125

headshot347 said:
not at all. i'm about 5'7 150ish and i ride a KX 85 on the track and do all the jumps. i mean it hurts like hell when i case just the slightest, but thats the only thing i had to ride untill i got my 125
that doesnt help him that much seeing that hes almost a foot taler then you and more then twice your weight