Yoken

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Dear MX lovers,

I just moved to Nashville-TN (Franklin). Lovely place here, by the way! Bad luck however, I had to sell my nice 02KTM520SX as there was no room left in the container...

So I am looking now for a bike (possibly a CFR450) and places to ride. I already searched a couple of sites like MTDR, VSTA, etc... and would definitely love to join them for a couple of nice rides.

However, are there any good MX tracks around Nashville, where we can have a good practice? Who can I talk to for guidance?

Thanks and have all a great week-end.
Yoken.

drudin

May 15, 2002
Yoken;
there are not too many MX choices less than 2 hours from Nashville and Franklin. My friends and I ride Cumberland Parkway MX in Kentucky (2 hours) as our home track these days. there is a track in Lawrenceburg (1:30 hours) south of franklin that's not a bad design but has pretty crappy soil. Alabama has several good tracks, all about 2 hours from you.

Try motocrosstracks.net, it has a pretty good list of whats around.

I'm a novice to low C rider, but have friends who are all the way up to Pro, and we always mange to find somewhere fun... we just have to drive!!!

I might know of a KTM 525 if you're interested.

Dan

paddy

~SPONSOR~
Oct 7, 2002
CAL is a good friend of mine, he has a CRF for sale and he lives in west kentucky. (2 hours from Nashville). Send him a PM here or check out the for sale fourms.

paddy

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Yoken, like Paddy said, I have a '03 CRF for sale. I'm actually heading to Nashville in half an hour. If I would have know earlier, I could have brought the bike to you so you could look at it. If you're interested, click on the link in my signature to see the 450. If you want, give me a call. I will also be in Nashville Thursday night and Friday (December 18 & 19). My wife is having surgery at Centenial. I might be able to bring the bike then.

Corey Lovett
270-559-0698

Yoken

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Thanks all of you for your support. I do appreciate.

Drudin, 2 to 3 hours driving is OK for me as long as it is worth it, meaning a great day of fun with good friends on a nice MX track. I just want to avoid a long drive to end up alone on a 30sec lap time BMX track... If you don't mind, I'd like to meet you and your friends on the tracks. Just let me know when and where you go riding. Thanks for KTM add... but this year I'd like to go to Honda.

Cal, I will be traveling this week to Monterrey-Mexico and next week to Oregon. Am afraid we won't be able to meet in Nashville. However, I'd be glad to drive to your place sometime after Christmas. We could also meet on a track during your practice (so I can have a look at the track and at the bike at the same time).

Yoken

paddy

~SPONSOR~
Oct 7, 2002
sell a pumpkin to keep a tomatoe? don't think so gomer........go orange! you will never go back!

I heard there are some good MX tracks close to Jackson TN (west of you about 90 min) I forget the name of the bike there but it is a Honda dealer in Jacksnon TN give them a call and they will give you some info hope this helpes

paddy

Last edited:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Oh, I was orange when orange wasn't cool!

Come to think of it, I was orange when orange was white and purple.

That 620 was so cool when you twisted the throttle, so cool when you launched...it just sucked to have reality step in and tell you that you have to stop sometime, turn sometime, or land sometime!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
BTW, you should be selling the pumpkin and keeping the mighty CRF!

I've spent many hours contemplating that!!  I almost decided to keep the CRF.(actually, I decided to keep it about 10 times)  Bundy's bike just had too many offroad goodies on it to turn down.  And delivery from California was pretty nice too!

Paddy, update your avatar and profile, man!  You're still oozing green.  You can't preach punkin when your not even wearin' it yourself!

paddy

~SPONSOR~
Oct 7, 2002
I still have the 220 it is hard to part with something that has done me right for so many years, but then I get roll'in 3 gear in a nice fast trail and boy does the 450 purrrrrrr!!!!!! It is nice not having to change gears so many times just to get up some serious speed.

In time my friend the Avatar will change but to me it is like the victory lap at daytona - I just dont want it to end, I want the kaw moment to shine for a bit longer!

paddy (now when I crash I bleed orange)

mhardee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by paddy
paddy (now when I crash I bleed orange)

When did this happen? Gosh, miss a metting and you never know what happens...

I'll still fly the green flag for 'ya..

paddy

~SPONSOR~
Oct 7, 2002
Yes mark it is true, I went to the orange side. I guess that is what I get for hanging out with Mike all the time.

paddy

bte

~SPONSOR~
May 1, 2001
Yoken,

I live in your area about 20min. from Franklin and I work in Franklin. Call or go by Sarge's Cycle in Columbia They may have some info on MX tracks that are not to far away.

I did see in your profile you listed MX and scrambles. If you are talking about Hare Scrambles then you can check out MSWS.org it is the site for a very good HS series that runs in TN, KY, AL and MS. If you would like to do some woods riding, than you can email me at bte4@hotmail.com and we can set something up.

brown

Yoken

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Drudin, I sent you a mail this morning... let's talk...

Paddy, I was on a 02 520SX pumpkin last year and loved that bike... I only had two problems: First, the stock fork was a nightmare on choppy and rocky hard clay tracks! But once the valving was set more to my liking, the bike was real nice to play with (no more arm-pump nor hand-shakes). Second, I couldn't service the shock myself, neither could I trust local dealers to do it... I know that servicing PDS shocks here in USA is not a problem and if I'd had enough room in the container, I'd have taken that bike with me! The reason I like to ride a Honda now is simple... I've never had one before! I am just curious to ride one...and who knows, I might go back to orange next year!

Anybody riding this week-end? I won't be able to ride with you ... but I can take my camera...

Yoken

Yoken

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Originally posted by bte
...I did see in your profile you listed MX and scrambles. If you are talking about Hare Scrambles then you can check out MSWS.org ...

Bte,

I am not familiar with the term HARE SCRAMBLE here in the US. In Cyprus, scrambles were races on a closed 5 to 10 mile loop. The track usually included a small section of a MX track, wood sections, crossing river beds, climbing steep hills, fast straights, etc... Racing time was 2 hours and included one pit stop for refueling. The goal was to make as many laps as we could... and go home for diner without limping...

10 years ago, back in Belgium, I raced a couple of 5-hour "scrambles". Same stuff but we were allowed to make a team with 2 riders using 1 or 2 bikes. Is that similar to your Hare Scramble?

Wood riding is fun too. I'll drop you an email. Can we ride woods with an MX bike or do we need lights, special exhaust and tires?

Yoken

john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
There's lots of great woods riding 1.5 hours east of your location in and around Cookeville. Nothing special is required as far as a bike goes. Lots of rocks, mud, hills, and fast fire roads.

Yoken

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Thanks all of you for your valuable input.
Bte, thanks for your call this morning. That was nice talking to you... A couple of nice MX tracks, well organised Hare scramble series, some wood riding not far from home... all that in a fun and friendly atmosphere...that's all I was looking for! Just give me a couple of weeks to find a bike and we will meet on the tracks and trails...
Merry Christmas to all,
Yoken

Top Bottom