Am-Pro oversized rotor on '00 KX250

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I installed this on my '00 KX250, along with a fresh pair of DP Pro-MX pads.. My first impression can be summed up in one word.. WOW! The power this setup puts out is very impressive. My front brake setup was all stock leading up to this. It was spongy and had next to no stopping power. One finger stoppies galore, no matter how far back you counter for it.. If only I could make myself use the front brake more on the track now!
When I first installed the disc and caliper carrier, the rotor would scrape on something while passing through. I figured it was just a tight fit and it would go away after a little bit of track time, and it did. No more scraping noise, and no damage anywhere. I'm very happy with this setup, it looks very trick too.. Cauliflower, just like the KTM front disc. The DP Pro-MX pads seem to work very well also, but I put both on at the same time so I'm not sure which has more effect.

Cam
'00 KX250 stoppie machine
:p :p :p

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Yes.. Stock line, caliper and master cylinder. I didn't even bleed it, which I would have if it weren't for the stripped phillips head screw on the reservoir cap.. Anyone else have troubles stripping the heads on the cap screws? I've stripped 3 now.. (I never claimed to be a pro mechanic :think )

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Where did you get the rotor?

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I got the rotor from e-bay for $71, I believe regular price on it is $225. I probably wouldn't have spent the money if I hadn't found it on e-bay, but now that I've seen the difference it is worth every penny of the $225.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
So you are the scoundrel who beat me to it!!!! I had my eyes on that one all the time. You stink!!!:p :p But, anywho, if you ever for some odd reason want to get rid of it, I would gladly do the dirty work for ya(take it for myself that is!). BTW, I believe seeing an ad for those rotors that said they were garanteed against braking and bending for life. Just thought you should know!

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I actually was quite surprised that I won it, as I bid it about 2 hours before it ended and then I went to Washougal for the weekend. You had two hours to win. :p

Want to buy my stock rotor? :eek:

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Actually, I missed getting a bid in because I had a previous obligation and was not home. It totally slipped my mind that I had to bid on it. And to think I was willing to pay up to 175 for it!!! But, I do need a spare rotor for my extra set of wheels. Do you have a rear too and how much???

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
How about $175? :p
Just kidding.. Make me an offer via email and we'll talk. FWIW, the rotor has been on the bike for 14 months and the bike was untouched for about 6 of those, it's not worn out or damaged. I still had the original pads on when I took it off.

Top Bottom