JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Just arrived by email! Great news even though we could see this coming for a while. Poor Jam Sports...

SUPERCROSS:
4/3/2002 - AMA, CCE Back in Business?
By Scott Rousseau

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jam Sues AMA
According to an item in today's edition of the Orange County Register, AMA Pro Racing and Clear Channel Entertainment are getting set to announce a five-year agreement that will see CCE continue as the primary promoter of the 2003 AMA Supercross Series.

Register reporter Damian Dottore authored the piece, stating that the only snag in the program now appears to be what will come of CCE's agreement with Dorna to produce the World Supercross Series, which would supposedly run directly against the AMA series if the two sides fail to reach an agreement.

Dottore also reported that JamSports, the Chicago-based company that AMA Pro Racing had announced as its new promotional partner back in December, has filed a lawsuit against AMA Pro Racing in the Chicago court system, citing breach of contract. AMA Pro Racing officials that we contacted could neither confirm or deny the lawsuit.

We will report more on this story as it develops.

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
...and no LIVE Saturday Night Supercross on Speed Channel. Come to think of it, Jam Sports and AMA Pro Racing had some great ideas!

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I think that for the sport of SX as a whole this will be a good thing. There were some great ideas attached to the proposed AMA/JAM deal, such as the live TV and some new markets. I think that CCE is really missing the ball in a big way with there love affair with Anaheim, but they do fill the seats each time and that makes $. New markets should be explored on a yearly basis IMO; how hard would it be to rotate a few dates each year? Maybe CCE will renegotiate there TV deal and go live since they know it is a viable option. The AMA might feel some repurcussions from the JAM deal and that unfortunately be bad for AMA members who may end up paying for some of this in the end.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I am relieved to know that the fighting may all be over (between AMA and CCE at least! Jam is getting screwed, blued, and tatooed over this). Now, the rotating venue plan sounds like a cool idea, as long as they bring back Seattle! It'd have to be later in the year now, though, since the new Seahawk stadium is outdoor. It could be the weekend before Salt Lake, or between it and Vegas :think

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
I don't care who promotes it, I just wish they would air it LIVE and don't do like ESPN2 has been known to do, bump it because the bowling match or lacross match has run over it's alloted time. :whiner:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by XRpredator
Jam is getting screwed, blued, and tatooed over this.
I'm sure they'll be getting even. :think

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Can you say 'As the worlds turns' :think

Top Bottom