AMA designates Sunday, September 30 'Motorcyclists

katoom300

Feb 3, 2000
In light of the tragic events of September 11, 2001, the AMA has designated Sunday, September 30, 2001 as "Motorcyclists United in Remembrance Day" nationwide. The AMA asks motorcyclists all across the United States to gather on this day to remember those who lost their lives, to support the survivors and relief efforts, and to honor America.

The AMA encourages American motorcyclists to show their unity, remembrance, and support in a way of their choosing -- whether at organized motorcycling events or impromptu group rides. To help motorcyclists who choose to make monetary donations toward relief efforts, the AMA has linked to a list of relief agencies.

I am planning a ride out of my house on Sunday 10:00 am. Conklin Electric has Donated a 50' flag to Tony's Pizza (a local watering hole for dirtbikes in Stockholm NJ) the flag covers the whole front of the building! anyone who is in the area and would like to come, or meet us there is welcome, I would like to take pictures of everyone and their bikes in front of the flag at 1:00

If anyone else is doing anything similar, take pictures and get them to me. I am planning on putting up a tribute page!

link to page :)

Last edited:

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
That's cool, the final round of the Missouri Harescrambles is this Sunday the 30th. There will be pleny of motorcycle enthusiasts showing for this one, hopefully close to the 300 mark.

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Were going riding on Saturday the 29th, guess we can do our own little tribut then.

We will be at Merwin around 9 or 10 if you want to join us Blue Thunder.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Sunday is my birthday :) and we will be racing at Ottawa, IL (or I may be watching - will find out tomorrow)

Our two BIG flags will be a flyin'!!! It was really nice - at Wardy's Megacross Championship race on the night of Sept. 15th, 300+ racers and all the fans gathered in the grandstands for a moment of silence and a short prayer service by "the Rev" Larry Bank (he races too).

Link to Megacross Story

Top Bottom