AMA District 17 Schedule is posted for 2004

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Whats the deal?
This is posted on the same date under both enduro and hare scrambles.

5/2 S Enduro Brushy Ridge Mtspts Astoria

I doubt they are going to do both on the same day. Then again, the riders would be there so why not. ;)

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
its going to be a dual point event as far as I know meaning that both HS and EN points will be paid. D-17 is going to be doing some things in the future to try to help and bolster the enduro side of things. this is one way that it may work? hell I don't know I am an MX guy :)

wardy

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Layton,

That race is going to be run like the Ottawa race was run last year. No timekeeping will be needed and it will be a mutliloop afair just like Ottawa. From what Jeff told me the enduro classes will be run and Jay will sort it out on his end, although things could change before the race. I don't like it personally but hopefully it will bring some more riders to the other enduros. Plus maybe more clubs will try to run this type of event in the future if the rider turnout is big.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Ryan and Wardy,

Thanks. I thought it was just a mistake on the schedule.

I hated Ottawa but that was mostly because every thing went wrong that day and I don't like riding at Ottawa.
The format of the race didn't bother me so I guess I'll give it another try.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I thought Jeffs race at Ottawa was just about perfect. Just about. A few minor problems, scoring price, but even that it turned out pretty good. I was hoping he would do it again this year, at Buffalo Range.

For guys like me who just race for fun, not in the best shape, and are just looking for something new and fun it was perfect. The rest between the three loops made it feel like a enduro, but I like not having to worry about the clock. Also no road sections to worry about, so there were no guys with flash lights taped to the number place, which could possibly be a good thing for the future of Enduros.

But just the thought of trying to score that, and keep the points seperate, seems almost impossible.

Unless Everybody just got points for both HS and Enduro at the same time, but I ride VETA HS and Vet B Enduro, that would be nuts trying to score that.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I am a rookie at the HS/Enduro stuff. But Jeff Fredette and Jay Hall are the guys that I look to when it comes to those types of events. I am sure they will both do a great job and have the best interest at heart. Main thing is to try new things to see what rider like, its the only way to know. Buffalo is a really good place to do an event like that.
wardy

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Doesn't lool like it is going to happen at Buffalo again this year. I know Jeff Goss is trying but I heard there are some "conflicts" with the club and the owner.

As for scoring it shouldn't be that bad. All the club will have to do is write down your overall finish time to the seconds and then Jeff and Jay can sort everyone in the proper class. Most guys ride the same class in HS and Enduros, so there should only be a few as yourself that they'll have to move around. Probably best to write both classes on your sign-up form so that they'll know your are in two different classes.

Top Bottom