jamsxr

Dec 4, 1999
  Awhile back I wrote to our new Pres. Mr Thornton asking him about any chance to get AMA Armor insurance available to cover any and all motorcycle related accidents not just accidents at AMA sanctioned races, how about play riding ETC.
  My concern is that there are to many riders out there between 18 and 25 years of age that are not covered with out any kind of insurance.
  What is your thoughts ??
  He wrote back and was really interested in looking into it further, we just need to push the issue and make it happen .

------------------
Ken James
XR400 Honda
If you Don't --Who will ?

jamsxr

Dec 4, 1999
   Maybe this is not to important to most people, I admit that I never thought much about it myself until three weeks ago when  a friend was killed at a Non-AMA sanctioned MX in Ogden,Ut.
   He was an AMA member but there are no AMA events in this part of the world so racers --race and the NMA has no insurance and the AMA does not cover non sanctioned events.  
frown.gif

------------------
Ken James
XR400 Honda

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Ken, Insurance as you know is a world all of its own. I have owned a body shop for 22 years and have some horror stories to blow ones mind.

Really am sorry to hear that your friend passed like that, this is sposed to be a fun deal and hope that nothing like that ever happens.

Although the insurance part of things isn't somthing we can impliment through congress ( we can only ask ama to ask the Insurance people) about this type of thing. I will be happy to forward this to them and see where it leads, to be honest this kind of insurance would be very beneficial.
AMA takes time to implement things so i will give this to the insurance people there.

thanks for your insight

wardy

jamsxr

Dec 4, 1999
  Wardy, Thanks for your response, my wife and I became Field Reps exactly for these reasons. Here in the outer fringes of Dist.25 and Dist.26 there has never been much AMA activity and we have been working hard to promote more. This last weekend we had the very first AMA / NAHA Western Pro-AM Hillclimb here in Wyoming and we were amazed with some of the misconceptions some folks had about their AMA membership they where buying, they thought it comes with some sort of Blue Cross - Blue Sheild capabilities!
    Our feelings are that if a member buys AMA Armor insurance then that coverage should encompass any and all incidents that are motorcycle related--PERIOD!
    The ideal situation would be that--all forms of competition were AMA sanctioned, since this is not possible, then the coverage should be expanded.
    The advantages of this benefit should also cover play riding and road riding. The argument about motorcyclists being a public liability becomes irrelevant and we should not let any concerns that we may be conceeding to their position keep us from implementing this benefit.

------------------
Ken James
XR400 Honda

Top Bottom