ama points good or bad?

• Total voters

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
As I watched RV lose a win at Mt. Morris I realized that this bonus per moto did not set right!As much as a win is great the points just do not add up toward the rider with the best combined finishes.It sure helped BT also,10 place finish and standing on the podium!!

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I thought Dungey at 4-4 was the one that got screwed. . .

Townley 10-1 gets podium instead of Dungey . . .??

I fully agree that the win should be a tie breaker, and maybe even an extra place, but 3+ places?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
dirt bike dave said:
It's perfect the way it is.

A win or top placing should be rewarded, and I think the AMA gives just the right amount.
+1

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I think they should have points like NASCAR, where they get points for leading a lap, then leading the most laps, and whatnot, and then throw the top ten into the mishmash at the end of the year to get 'em all close so they can duke it out at the last couple races.

Or maybe just leave them the way they are.

lynch racing

Aug 13, 2004
The AMA can screw up anything-that`s what you pay them to do-They have to make rules and regulations in order to justify thier jobs and salaries,too many cooks in the kitchen type of thing, The bad thing is they screw with the system so much and enforce so little that any achievment by riders is just tainted-feel sorry for your riders, they want to win by talent not screwed up point systems- Outlaw races are the way to go!!!! :cool:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
dirt bike dave said:
It's perfect the way it is.

A win or top placing should be rewarded, and I think the AMA gives just the right amount.

+2 :cool: I've never raced or been involved in a series that scored any other way.

Check out how the prize money drops from 1st to second to third in other sports like Golf and Tennis. There should be greater rewards for greater achievements.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
lynch racing said:
The AMA can screw up anything-that`s what you pay them to do-They have to make rules and regulations in order to justify thier jobs and salaries,too many cooks in the kitchen type of thing, The bad thing is they screw with the system so much and enforce so little that any achievment by riders is just tainted-feel sorry for your riders, they want to win by talent not screwed up point systems-

Yeah we GET IT. Everything in European racing is perfect and everything in the US is screwed up. All the European riders are Superheroes and all the US riders are overrated posers. :blah: :blah: :blah: The 50th time you posted something like this I think EVERYONE on the planet was clear on your views.
Give it a rest.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
lynch racing said:
The AMA can screw up anything-that`s what you pay them to do-They have to make rules and regulations in order to justify thier jobs and salaries,too many cooks in the kitchen type of thing, The bad thing is they screw with the system so much and enforce so little that any achievment by riders is just tainted-feel sorry for your riders, they want to win by talent not screwed up point systems- Outlaw races are the way to go!!!! :cool:

Should we use the FIM system?

2007 FIM MX Rulebook said:
01.5.26.032 MX1/MX2 Motocross World Championships
01.5.26.033 MX3 Motocross World Championship
Points will be awarded to riders in each Motocross World Championship Race
according to the following scale:

25 points to the 1st
22 points to the 2nd
20 points to the 3rd
18 points to the 4th
16 points to the 5th
15 points to the 6th
14 points to the 7th
13 points to the 8th
12 points to the 9th
11 points to the 10th
10 points to the 11th
9 points to the 12th
8 points to the 13th
7 points to the 14th
6 points to the 15th
5 points to the 16th
4 points to the 17th
3 points to the 18th
2 points to the 19th
1 points to the 20th

hey wait that looks awfully familiar.......

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
Yeah we GET IT. Everything in European racing is perfect and everything in the US is screwed up. All the European riders are Superheroes and all the US riders are overrated posers. :blah: :blah: :blah: The 50th time you posted something like this I think EVERYONE on the planet was clear on your views.
Give it a rest.
Rich, I think you and I can agree that Mr. Lynch needs to return to his lead guitar duties with Dokken
dokkenpic.jpg

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Well this went kinda odd.nearest I can tell,Yes,everything I do not like is from the ama folding in line with the fim!RD scored 4&4,thats 8,BT scored 10&1 thats 11.Noooo that is to easy!Well just bring on the country music and cousin marrying because the permanent numbers was just the beginning!I could just see this at the local level,timed practice allows the 40 gates to race,next 40 race the consolation moto,and the rest,well better luck next weekend!

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Well this went kinda odd.nearest I can tell,Yes,everything I do not like is from the ama folding in line with the fim!RD scored 4&4,thats 8,BT scored 10&1 thats 11.

I know better than to ask if you're new to the sport so instead I'll ask, Just never paid attention to how Pro racing is scored? Because nothing is falling in line with the FIM, this is the way it's been for many many years.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
No I have never bothered ,it is the first time I noticed championship points per moto!I assumed,used to they only scored championship points for the overall.Timed practice does not sound original and perma numbers sure sounds nascar!Local racing is still "normal",when it goes to district and national points,its for overalls.And yes some of these complaints are very old!The original method seemed fine and I just do not understand anyone even bothering to mess with it.What is the benefit,the best is the one with the best overall finish,well now lets make it more interesting!Not,RV and RD got burned by bureaucratic bs!

patto3

Apr 8, 2006
I'm fairly sure this is the same way the aussie championships are scored as well.

25 points to the 1st
22 points to the 2nd
20 points to the 3rd
18 points to the 4th
16 points to the 5th
15 points to the 6th
14 points to the 7th
13 points to the 8th
12 points to the 9th
11 points to the 10th
10 points to the 11th
9 points to the 12th
8 points to the 13th
7 points to the 14th
6 points to the 15th
5 points to the 16th
4 points to the 17th
3 points to the 18th
2 points to the 19th
1 points to the 20th

lynch racing

Aug 13, 2004
Rich Rohrich said:
Give it a rest.
Yea, That is my view and comes from my experience of racing and dealing with the sacred AMA and the european counterparts. If my views differ from yours am I not able to comment on issues without being put down and told to give it a rest, did I hit a sensitive spot or not fit into the forum format by being passive entertainment, my views come from the pleasure of being involved in the greatest sport at the highest levels since my first race in 1972 and have raced in over 18 countries but my experience is feckless compared to my antagonist

lynch racing

Aug 13, 2004
reply to CRAP

Where do you come up with all this crap, I thought this was about riding and I see you have a lot of free time and bottled up energy and I guess that your riding experience is restricted to that keyboard under your throttle hand, I bow to your intellegent use of this forum and ass clown you are. When the facts are undeniable then just resort to buffoonery, What a joke :coocoo:

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
lynch racing said:
When the facts are undeniable then just resort to buffoonery, What a joke :coocoo:

What facts are undeniable? You've failed to respond to my reply that showed you the FIM uses the exact same points setup as the AMA. You can stand in the background and spout off anti AMA sentiment like a blow hard but how about addressing those facts?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
lynch racing said:
When the facts are undeniable then just resort to buffoonery, What a joke :coocoo:
I'm demonstrating your absurdity by being absurd, my european friend.

This thread began as a question about the AMA point system, then you divert it to how everything euro is better (just like you always do) even though the MXGP point system is EXACTLY the same.

Personally, I haven't seen you show me any *facts* about anything, you say:
lynch racing said:
. . . That is my view . . .
in reference to Rich stating the obvious:
Rich Rohrich said:
The 50th time you posted something like this I think EVERYONE on the planet was clear on your views.
Yet, you continue to post the same as "facts".

Opinions are like cowboy hats . . .

lynch racing

Aug 13, 2004
Excuse, First off I`m not your friend, second I`m not European, 3rd don`t try to entertain your forum onlookers at my expence, And if this is how you treat your fellow Americans who are putting an effort into racing over here in Europe then you can shove your pitiful little ill informed forum up your ass, I don`t have time to be drawn into your world of sheep ,I have racing to attend to and will resign from this sitcom. You have done a great justice to your congregation, :boss:

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
lynch racing said:
Excuse, First off I`m not your friend, second I`m not European, 3rd don`t try to entertain your forum onlookers at my expence, And if this is how you treat your fellow Americans who are putting an effort into racing over here in Europe then you can shove your pitiful little ill informed forum up your ass, I don`t have time to be drawn into your world of sheep ,I have racing to attend to and will resign from this sitcom. You have done a great justice to your congregation, :boss:

So once again a blow hard who refuses to answer the question when called on it? :blah: :blah: :blah:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
lynch racing said:
Excuse, First off I`m not your friend
well, I love everyone
lynch racing said:
second I`m not European
Okay, I apologize for that
lynch racing said:
3rd don`t try to entertain your forum onlookers at my expence
Hey, I'm only out to entertain myself
lynch racing said:
if this is how you treat your fellow Americans who are putting an effort into racing over here in Europe then you can shove your pitiful little ill informed forum up your ass, I don`t have time to be drawn into your world of sheep ,I have racing to attend to and will resign from this sitcom. You have done a great justice to your congregation, :boss:
For an American, you sure come off anti-American, what with all the smarmy backhanded insults you've been pitching Mike Brown's direction, for example. As for an ill-informed forum, well, I can find all the information I need here :)

love,

your pal,

Pred.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
lynch racing said:
And if this is how you treat your fellow Americans who are putting an effort into racing over here in Europe then you can shove your pitiful little ill informed forum up your ass,

You're pushing your luck out here. Knock it off.

Top Bottom