MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
I need to join the AMA so I can start racing but I dont know where to go. I think there is an office or something close to me but not sure exactly where it is. Do I just go there and get a card or what? I looked on the AMA website and couldnt find it. thanks

------------------

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
I already know the web site but someone said something about there being a branch of it or something where I can sign up for it really close to where I live.

------------------

[This message has been edited by MoO_coW (edited 04-16-2001).]

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
You can sign up the day of the race, at the race.

Get there a little early and ask where to sign up for the AMA.

If you sign up on the web, or over the phone, you will have to wait for your card. If you go to a race without the card, they will make you sign up again. Once you get your card, you will get credit for next year.

If you think you will be racing in the next month, just sign up at the race. You won't be alone...

Good luck Moo!!!

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
I wouldnt know my number if I did it at the track. Does anyone know the answer to my question?

------------------

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
Your AMA number, or your racer number?? If it's the AMA number, you won't get that until you get your member packet, about a month later. Won't matter where you join. If you join at the track you'll get a reciept which is proof of membership. Either way, you will have to wait till they issue you a number, and they're never in a hurry to do that.

If it's your racer number, you get that from the district. You can join that at the track, also.

------------------
Nobody loves a Charlie in the box... :(

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
The address to go directly to AMA is
13515 Yarmouth Dr.
Pickerington, OH 43147

614-856-1900

It's about 100 miles between you and them...

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
Why does everything have to be so confusing,blah. Thanks guys

------------------

[This message has been edited by MoO_coW (edited 04-17-2001).]

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Every district has different rules regarding racing. Contact the district where you plan to race. Links are found in the AMA website. Spend the time looking for them. Don't get frustrated.

------------------
'98 GasGas EC250
'01 Sponsors: me, myself, I

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Moo - if you go here... there are some links to the tracks in your area... you would be either District 11 or 12 (or both if you want)
http://www.ama-cycle.org/index.asp

And every District is different as far as numbers go... D-17 (IL) lets you "pick" your number and you get it if it's available for your class, D-15 (IN) wants you to run the last 2 or 3 digits of your AMA number, and others just assign you a number.

And some tracks have races that aren't even considered district races (like in TN) and other places (like FL) have races that aren't even AMA sanctioned (they're a part of different organizations like the MRA) ...

So - to make a long story short - you can just throw any number on your bike and sign up for whatever you need to at your first race (AMA & District) or follow a few track links near you and talk to the promoter about your specific district.

Good luck... prepare to get hooked on racing!!!
confused.gif

------------------
'01 YZ 125 - #32
2000 D17 Women's Motocross Champion
Sponsors: DGY, MX-Tech, Bell, Smith, Works Connection, Boyesen, Twin Air, SoCal/DeCal Works, Morris Trailer Sales, and Skyway Trucking

Top Bottom