Ambrose Lake, Rose City & new MCCCT connector trail ...

Nestrick

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 6, 2003
You know the weather is really poor in Michigan when you go out to the garage and notice your bike is beginning to collect dust! All the rain this spring has cut into prime riding time for those of us who like to get out some before the summer leaves emerge … unless, that is, you’re willing to ride around on a large chunk of highly conductive metal in a thunder storm with attendant lightening strikes nearby.

Well, Wednesday, 19May04, became the only 24 hour period in the past 10 days or so where it did not rain [significantly] on the east side of the State. Determined to not miss out, I had my gear ready and the collecting dust wiped off my ride the night before just to make sure I got an early start. The morning was absolutely glorious … a near cloudless, pale blue sky was mysteriously marked in a way that I casually explained to my wife was one of the classic “dirt biker omens” … it seems that two jet contrails had formed a perfect ‘X’ in the sky off to the north … which I further explained meant that one should proceed in that direction post haste to affect maximum two wheeled contact with the ground in order to facilitate appeasement of the motorcycle gods who were obviously displeased by our lack of attention lately. She gave me one of her sly smiles, turned and while walking away, told me to ride safe and have a great day!

After a few minutes with maps and the February 2004 Issue of The Great Lakes Trail Rider I had decided to audition some trails completely new to me … namely, the Ambrose Lake loop, then up the new MCCCT connector [ORV Sticker only] to the Rose City loop with its series of intra-trail connectors, and finally ride back to the Trailhead at Ambrose Lake. On paper this looked like a great plan … from Midland I intended to shoot over to M-30, take that north to M-55, then east through West Branch, catch Fairview on the east side of the city, hop on that ~9 miles north to Houghton Creek road, then west ~1 mile to the parking area as marked on both the DNR and GLTR map for Ambrose Lake. All was going well until approaching Houghton Creek road … while going north on Fairview I noticed that most of the roads were not marked … seems that the poles were there … just the signs were missing? I found myself wondering what mental disease it is that causes folks to remove road signs … perhaps a feeble attempt to have an ‘unlisted residence’ only a few miles from the edge of nowhere? Regardless, I missed Houghton Creek and came to the stop sign at Rose City road. I did notice the trail had crossed Fairview a couple of times about a mile back … so, back I went and turned west on an unmarked road that appeared in somewhat poorer condition than those often marked as ‘Seasonal Roads’. There were no markings whatsoever for Ambrose Lake Camp Ground or for the DNR ORV Trailhead. I figured it couldn’t be much more than a mile according to the map … so I pushed on in my Jeep Wrangler towing my bike trailer … as fate would have it, things got considerably worse. The road became deep, soft sand at the bottom of a noticeably steep hill … apparently recent rains had washed the loose particles down to the bottom leaving behind a deeply rutted, rock-infested road bed. Being the typical 4WD’er I immediately decided this was a 2WD situation [isn’t it amazing how important it is for us to have 4WD, but how far we’re determined to go before actually using it?] … in my mind I thought perhaps a bit of extra throttle might be necessary … probably would have been right if the trailer wheel hadn’t fell into one of the larger ruts about half way up the hill thereby completely stopping all forward progress … with utter disgust, I finally slammed the Jeep into 4WD and floored it … my four big, Goodyear MTRs hooked up suddenly causing me to crest the hill quicker than I expected only to find an abandoned car across the road about half way down the other side. At this point nothing was going to prevent me from reaching my goal … I left the Jeep in 4WD, stomped on the accelerator and launched over the left berm into the brush easily clearing the automotive impediment and again moving forward toward the trailhead. After ~1 mile I came to another crossroad … again the road sign was missing … but according to the map this should be Piper Lake Road which runs north and south. Interestingly, the continuation of Houghton Creek Road on the other side of Piper Lake Road still bore no signs for Ambrose Lake Campground or the ORV Trailhead. It did, however, have a Dead End sign accompanied by a small, wooden DNR-type sign depicting a teepee … I took this as reasonably positive evidence that I was closing in on the objective as I began heading down a Dead End road. After a few hundred yards, I was treated to a beautiful, large, clean parking facility equipped with a new restroom … the DNR sign at the entrance proclaimed this to be Ambrose Lake ORV Trailhead. In the bright sunshine of the late morning I parked and unloaded my ride with only nature as my company. Interestingly, the entire trailhead area is fenced off and signed for “No Camping” despite a cleared, flat, grassy field adjacent to the facility … apparently Ambrose Lake Camp Ground is further down the Dead End road?

The major reason I picked this area for riding today is because the geology of the terrain surrounding West Branch is conducive to rapid drainage. Being on the edge of the Saginaw Valley, it is a hilly area composed of glacial till favoring gravel and sand over clay … this combination of environmental factors means that standing water is typically not an issue and whenever water is encountered, usually the bottom is solid and it is reasonably safe to ride through … even when riding solo as I often do.

Initially one enters the Ambrose Lake loop and intersects the MCCCT Rose City Loop connector by bearing to the left at the first trail branch. I found the initial trail condition to be superb, no deadfall present, the overhanging Pine branches had been recently trimmed and the trail markers were new and appropriately placed for easy visibility [many thanks to the CCC volunteers who accomplish this work]. Regarding signage, easy visibility is important on the Ambrose Lake loop because it is a trail amenable to somewhat higher speeds on a bike … it is wide [50”], relatively smooth, hard-packed, gravel base with few whoops. While there were many small puddles present … none were of size to cause one to slow down ... this is really a great way to start the ride! The new MCCCT connector trail comes up quickly though and the fast riding is over … this new trail is currently as close to riding on virgin land as I have experienced to date. It is literally hacked through often, densely forested, irregular terrain … while cut sufficiently wide for ATV passage, most of the trail is a single track that will give you a big smile if tight stuff is your forte. In one area the trail crosses a clear cut perpendicular to the direction used by most of the skidders … sort of the ultimate set of whoops … ones that I was certainly glad to put behind me! After riding approximately 30 minutes I was reaching the point that my clutch hand no longer had any feeling [while fun for you more experienced riders, this new connector is a bit tight for a lengthy ride on my CFR-450] … suddenly though, I emerged atop a large hill in another clear cut area. Thump … thump … thump … the deep, melodious groan of solitary oil wells pumping their liquid gold could be felt as much as heard. Seemingly at the top of the world, I convinced myself that this was the perfect place for a break … besides, my left had felt like it was being pierced by a thousand needles. It seemed funny to me that I had come all this distance and hadn’t seen any wild life … the reason would become evident soon … while I watched the trail off in the distance I could hear the sound of screaming motors headed my way. More often than not, I do not see other riders but I do see a lot of wild life … so, whenever I don’t see much wild life, must the converse be true?

Having regained full use of my left hand and satisfied my thirst … I headed off down the hill toward the far horizon in the direction the trail seemed to go. Actually this is the first point that a set of trail markers were missing … more on this subject later. While navigating downward, the soft, sandy trail was becoming more severely eroded by exposure to previously rapid running water … couple that situation with the fact that the only large tree in the entire area, which stood immediately beside the trail, had been unceremoniously uprooted in such a fashion so as to partially impede trail drainage … further increasing the erosion at the bottom of the hill. It was a standing-slide-maneuver through the last part of the ride, all the while holding my breath hoping I would stay upright and out of the grasp of the large rut and elevated root ball. Having made it down turned out to be the easy part … immediately across the road was a long, steep, narrow, rocky, sandy, root-infested, hill climb punctuated with several twists and many trees adjacent to the path with no significant approach at the bottom. Again the recent rains had swept sand from the upper portions of the trail toward the bottom thereby deepening the sand at the start of the climb … and despite all the rain lately, this stuff was powdery dry! Being only my third year of riding, this hill presented a considerable challenge … starting out in low gear standing on the pegs I managed to sprint over the deep sandy lower portion of the climb while gaining speed as I climbed higher … on shifting into second I found it necessary to sit down through several of the early turns because of low hanging branches from adjacent trees … with the 450 hanging between two thirds and full throttle I continued to gain speed and despite a couple of hard hits off protruding roots and one 6 inch in diameter rock that I managed to hit rather squarely … I made it to the top in one piece only to be greeted by five cheering spectators who were assessing my attempt from a vantage point invisible to me. That hill climb will remain with me for a long time … I surmise that its one of those ‘defining moments’ we riders use as a foundation for our development in the sport. According to my audience, the 450 was at times roosting sand and gravel into the lower portions of the adjacent trees, especially when I leaned it over in the turns and opened the throttle … they, all being older gentlemen between the ages of 55 and 67 [three on bikes and two on ATVs], explained to me how they were running the Rose City loop in a counterclockwise fashion so as to avoid this climb. Thinking back on this event, I’m glad I didn’t know they were watching … I might have chickened out … good thing I didn’t know that this was the entrance point to the Rose City loop and the road leading off to the east was starting point for a counterclockwise run as opposed to directly up the hill which is in the clockwise direction.

After a brief exchange of pleasantries, accepting their critiques of my hill climbing performance and their combined advice that I had the wrong bike for such trail riding [they were all riding DRZs], we each went our separate ways. I proceeded onward in my circumnavigation of the Rose City Loop and was immediately presented with the first of several interesting water situations. The recent rains have caused many of the trail sections to become flowing streams. When the composition of the surface is sandy gravel mixed with baseball to softball-sized, round rocks and it is present on long slopes … torrential rains can create some very interesting obstacles through which to ride. In this case, the bottom of the gradually sloping trail had been filled with a mixture of sand and water that was perfectly smooth on the surface, but acted like 6 to 8 inch deep Jell-O when my tires hit it … I thought it would be hard, so when my tires started to sink I instinctively hit the throttle and immediately was looking at the sky … by accident I stayed on the throttle and managed to carry the wheelie through almost 50 yards of such conditions … then the trail became 6 inch deep, slowly flowing water over a hard base of gravel and larger rocks … this section was perhaps 250 yards long … I have never ridden through a rocky stream bed before so I found it to be exciting! There were several more sections of such water obstacles prior to reaching the MCCCT connector trail to The Meadows at the northernmost portion of the loop. I should mention that a majority of the Rose City Loop is somewhat more difficult riding than Ambrose Lake … and the MCCCT connector between them is much tighter and more technical than either. Having successfully circumnavigated the Rose City loop back to the hill climb point where I started, I met another ATV rider who had been hunting turkeys in the area for the past week. He explained that upon his arrival on Monday, he had run the entire loop and all of its intra-trail connectors and had found signage at every turn. Then, sometime late Tuesday, he was returning back to his campsite and noticed that several of the signs had been torn down. Because of this story I again found myself wondering what mental disease it is that causes folks to remove road signs … is there a pattern emerging here?

The hill climb to the MCCCT connector returning to Ambrose Lake is relatively uneventful compared to the other direction. The ride back through all the tight stuff seems much shorter this time … my left hand doesn’t fail me … upon hitting the Ambrose Lake Loop I opted to do a quick blast around the trail which is only about 8.5 miles long. After the tight stuff, this is a great ending for my day … just lock the 450 in second gear, stand on the pegs and let’er rip!

At a little past four in the afternoon I pull back into the parking lot … the sun is still shining but the rays are now low in the sky … it hasn’t rained a drop [yet] … I have another huge smile on my face … and most importantly, the memory of my ‘greatest hill climb ever attempted by man or beast’ story to lay on my wife when I get back home. For many of you folks, I bet you can’t even remember what your third year of riding was like … while I certainly will never catch up to you in skill or expertise … I can assure you that I intend to enjoy these developing years every bit as much as you did … just starting at bit more advance age!

The described ride represents 2.6 hours motor operation time and required approximately 1.5 gallons of gas for my CRF-450. All trails were in excellent condition … there were no significant deadfall blockages or water hazards. Signage was excellent excepting portions of the Rose City Loop where the signs had apparently been torn down. Despite said lack of signs, using only a compass, I had no problem circumnavigating the course and backtracking one of the intra-trail connector loops on the east side of the Rose City system. I highly recommend these trails to anyone looking for diversity in riding conditions … they offer everything from tight stuff to wide open two track roads where even I hit 4th gear! Watch out for other riders, especially ATVs as most of these trails are easily accessible to them and often they can be hard to see when you are traveling at higher speeds with a smile so large it pushes your eyes closed.

Terry Nestrick :cool:

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
Terry,

You have described one of my favorite new trails in excellant detail and wordmanship. That hillclimb can still get tricky even after traversing it many times and in both directions. A buddy's cabin is just east of where the Rose City loop nears the power lines on the eastern portion of the loop and I rode and experienced what you did just last weekend. Riding the "stream" was also interesting and the first time I have ever seen water like that in that area. I happened to ride the new MCCT connector last summer shortly after it had been created. A buddy and I ran into the President of the Bent Wheels Club and two of his riding companions along the trail. He informed us of their work with the DNR and how they eliminated the big portion of road riding once required to get between the two loops. It has widened since then, at first it was so virgin I felt almost illegal.

Remeber to only share this little piece of heaven with fellow MTR's. Whenever I see a trailer of quads heading north I think to myself, Woo Hoo, Bull Gap Sand Hill is awesome, there you go!

Again, great write-up and thanks for sharing.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Great write up Terry!
I know the hill you refer; I just happened to hit it this winter riding that loop. I'd not ridden the entire loop before so it must have been pure luck to be going down that hill with 11" of snow to contend with.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Thanks Terry,

I am sitting here at work, in my cube, not really wanting to do anything. I stop to check DRN and am treated to this gem of a trailride. Felt like I was right there with ya. Only thing that would make it better is some pictures. Ya gotta start carrying a digital camera with ya.

Thanks again for the trailride. Us cube jockeys really appreciate it.

Nestrick

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 6, 2003
Thanks: WildBill, 2big4akdx, 2TrakR and YZMAN400 for the encouragement and interest in my ride reports. I'm having some of the best times of my life riding the back country of Michigan on my bike ... too bad I didn't do this a bit sooner ... while I certainly would have been a much poorer writer [reporter?], perhaps my riding skills would be significantly better and I could attempt the really tough trails some of you folks have written about in your reports? No matter though, I have fun even when the obstacles force me to divert or retrace my path ... for me it's the attempt more that the achievement that really counts. I'm fairly certain I wouldn't even have attempted the described hill climb last year ... yet, this year, I made it on the first try ... and even better, to the cheers of a small crowd to boot! This is a feeling I'm sure you all have experienced many times ... but for me, it's one of my very first!

Regarding the digital camera issue ... my wife has a real nice one that she has told me to take if I please ... I'm a bit leary about breaking it though ... I still tend to do some very stupid things at times and find myself rubber-side-up all too often to assume a crash-free ride. Because I have only dumped the bike twice this year [both at Gladwin, in the deep mud and in the deep sand] ... I do appear to be getting better. I guess I'll start trying to figure out how best to carry a camera with me so I can add a few pictures. My fanny pack is too small to hold a camera and I also strap a water bottle over it anyway. I wear a chest protector and really don't want to add a backpack. My CRF-450 hasn't got anyplace obvious to put a camera where I haven't banged it over the past couple of years by falling or hitting something substantial. Carrying a camera is one thing ... doing it with a reasonably good chance of getting it home in one piece is quite another ... my wife can become irritable when I lose or break her things ... I don't care to be around when she's irritated!

I will work on it though ... terry nestrick :laugh:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I have a MSR roost pack that attaches to the front of my chest protector. Works great for camers and phones.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Terry - 2big4aKDX and I just rode the connector and the Rose City loop tonight after work. You certainly described it well! It was threatening rain so we decided our first priority had to be the new connector, do the Rose City loop, then back on the connector and do Ambrose. Unfortunately I ended up working later than expected, so we got a late start. End result was by the time we were back to the Ambrose Lake Loop we were running out of daylight so had to scratch that plan.

The connector is one nice trail! The only thing wrong with it is that it is way to short! I would love to find about 50 miles of trail like that! From my perspective I found the Rose City loop to be primarily fast blasting - pretty wide - but very few whoops!

Hey next time you are going to be up the North East way - shoot me an email. I live in Atlanta and ride Mio, Hunt Creek, Atlanta loops quite often and am game to go about anywhere!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
About that 3rd year of riding...I do indeed remember it well!

I was 15 years old, it was 1978 and I was on a 77 Kawasaki KE175 - I worked my butt off at a local go kart track to earn the money to buy it. I even remember how much it cost - $788 for a brand new 77 model year left over in 78. Give me a minute and I might even recall the serial number.

I learned TONS back then and sure did have a lot of fun. Also one broken arm, one broken leg....out ran the cops a few times sneaking through the trails (shhh....dont tell anyone). Did my first ever enduro (the Pine Cone) (that musta been in 79) on the same bike. Learned about keepin the oil injector full, did my first top end rebuild.

Remember those defining moment type rides!

and I was slow then and and still slow now! (but I do have fun!)

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
KTM Mike, I don't know if you remember me, but we picked you up a couple of years ago on sweep at the Jackpine, when your katoom decided she was tired! well, you are very familiar with the area so I have to share this story.
Last weekend my brother in law and I thought we would ride the Mio and Hunt Creek loops all as one, I have ridden both in the past and am very familiar with these trails. Randy has never ridden both trails, but being a very avid hunter he knows all the roads.
After losing my nephew to a twisted ankle from a black soil, tree roots, too much throttle incident, we thought we would continue on. We had a great ride and we were on a great second wind and doing our best "AA enduro rider" impressions as we were finishing our ride heading back to the Muskrat Lake trailhead. We thought we would take the road from there, which is only a mile from the cabin on 32.
As I came ripping around a corner there was Randy sitting beside the trail out of gas! I looked at my tank (which is transparent) and saw about a quart or less in the bottom, with no options and thinking we knew where we were, he stayed and I went for help with a new save gas attitude!
After crossing two sections and thinking we should be at the parking area, I thought I would get off the trail and take a road! First road came up and I took it! Snake Branch Rd? where in the H*$$ is that! Sun is in the south keep it to my left should be going west! next road Pennsylvania crossing! never heard of that, ORV route I'll take that! BIG circle back to bike trail on Snake Branch Rd!!!
After 4-5 miles of wasted gas (a savior, come to find out) I got back on the bike trail and went about 4/10 ths of a mile and heard the familiar Brrrrrrrrr of a dying bike! OUT OF GAS!
Nothing to do but walk, the trailheads only a mile ahead and another mile to the cabin, I've did 40+ mile road marches in full MOP gear in the service, I surely can walk two in full moto gear! after an hour and the camelback was dry, I was starting to talk to myself when I heard a bike, it turned out to be a kid looking for the road to safety, his buddy had broken down and he was getting help, only problem, he was not sure where he was at! after hitching a very short ride from him on the back of a KX250 and my legs cramping from trying to hold them up! I decided to walk again!
Difference is now theres a hint of panic, let's see sunday afternoon, been walking 1 1/2 hours, have no idea where I'm at and only saw one other lost person! Then I hear bikes again, not on the trail but running alongside, should I make a run for it through the woods or stick to the trail that has to go somewhere? stick to the trail, no sense in getting more lost (if theres such a thing?) two more hills and what greets me a big hungry, hunting coyote looking for some carrion to scarf down! Told him I'm not dead YET and he ran off, I'm positive circling, waiting for the moment.
Just after that incident I here bikes again this time coming down the trail, I pick up the pace just enough to meet these GREAT older gentleman crossing the bike trail on a two track! Eight all together! What a godsend, they even had GPS! after a rest (from two hours of walking) and getting my wits back together. These saviours split up to give me a ride to the cabin and go get Randy ( who had pushed his bike out to the first road and knew exactly where he was, with no gas and not seeing one person the entire 2 hours). We were saved!!!
After getting back to cabin,I thought I knew these guys, they are a group from South Bend, Indiana and back in 98 I had met them in Evart. A rider had a heart attack on the trail and my buddy was a nurse and tried to revive him with CPR even though he said he was past that point. These guys were from that same group! Ghostly heh?
Moale of the story= speed kills, during our racer impersonation we completely blew by the cutoff for the trailhead and were starting our second loop, we had went two miles past and I walked another 6 miles almost heading back into the" black yuckies"!
Lessons learned= our bikes can go 60 miles on a tank THATS IT! always carry a map, watch (the sun was in the west, to my left I kept going north) and a compass. no matter how well you know the trail!
Call me if you need a trail guide, Its the first time I've ran out of gas and got lost in twenty years of riding in the MIO area (HONEST)!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
With all the walking you just described your screen name is very apropriate! lol

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Walkman

I sure do remember you! I had seized up my bike wailing along one of the road sections trying to make up some time. Stupid me...i knew i was coming into a reset to...DUH! :bang: ) I guess I assumed there was going to be a check before then or something yeah...thats my story, sure thats it.... My main jet is now a couple sizes larger...I will live with some spooge - much cheaper than top ends! Thanks much for the ride back to the real world! Didnt you have one sweet looking old Can Am back at the club grounds?

Yeah some nice lessons you can learn when walking your way out of the woods! Check back here on MTR (late March) for post on a nice experience after dark, in the snow and ice, a buddys bike broke down after a wrong turn on the Gladwin loop! Odd thing is, everywhere I go...there I am...so I never ever get lost. A real key is to avoid that hint of panic you mentioned. Gotta keep your noggin thinking straight!

I ride the Mio Hunt Creek combo quite often myself. Typically I park at that spot where the two trails are joined together, in that small field right on Mt. Tom road. That way I come back to the truck for a quick break, gas water food etc. I do hate that one nasty ole whoop section on the south east side of Hunt Creek. The bad whoops on the north west were groomed out last year (starting to develop again already though). Have not done Hunt Creek yet this year though.

See you around - I will likely do the J-Pine - no offense intended, but I hope I dont see you on sweep again! :ride:

Nestrick

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 6, 2003
KTM Mike ... thanks for the replies & the invite for a ride sometime ... I'll try take you up on it but you'll likely tire of my slow pace in rather short order ... maybe you'll see more of the countryside though? ;) Let's see now, 15 in 1977 ... that makes you somewhere around 41 ... your memory of biking in your third year is amazing, guess it shows how important this activity has been, and remains in your lifestyle. As for the comment about your being slow ... I'm sure that assessment is relative to your reference point, but from mine I have learned thus far that many long-term bikers tend to be 'sand baggers' ... they talk about being slow, once on the bike though ... color them 'gone' !!!

Hey, I rode Mio, Crapo Creek and Big Bear last fall ... my wife & I stayed at the Garlands for three days on some sort of fall special they had where the condos were real cheap. She spent the days scrapbooking & I got to ride ... had a blast! These trails are considerably tighter and much more rugged that the ones around the Houghton Lake area, excepting perhaps the new parts of the south St. Helen loops... they also are considerably more muddy in many spots, especially in the forest at Mio. I suppose that's one of the reasons you were riding at Rose Creek this spring ... a little less water with which to contend or a drastic change from greasy, root-infested trail? I'm also guessing that short, but very steep hill climb going south on the Mio loop where it overlaps with Hunt Creek on the west side is really a bear when it's wet and muddy ... I took me two tries to make it when it was relatively dry last fall ... the route straight up the ravine, not the switchback beside it. The black Yukkies were relatively dry last fall ... bet that's changed this spring too!

Walkman ... thanks for the input to KTM Mike ... your ride story makes mine sound a bit bland ... but so far [knock on wood] I've not been lost, run out of gas, or had to do any significant walking ... I'd much rather read about that part of this sport than experience it myself. I imagine that except for it not getting dark before you found someone, you endured a very scary situation ... I suspect that an experience such as that tends to change the way you approach the details of riding from that point on in your life ... I agree and do employ all of your lessons learned ... as to the moral, high speed will likely never be much of a problem for me ... but if it does, I'll surely remember your story! Ride safe & maybe you'll pass me some day out there?

YZMAN400 ... what exactly is a "cube jockey" and does this occupation positively influence your need to ride dirt bikes as fast as they will go as often as you can get out of said "cube"? :ride: Thanks for the hint about an MSR Roost Pak ... it got me going on solving the problem of carrying a camera. I needed a new set of vented Jersey and Pants ... my old Moose Saharas are basically shot after two years hard wear ... while very cool, they just are not strong enough in the fly snap area and the seams in the legs ... plus several burn holes from my pipe didn't help matters much! So, after looking up the Roost Pak on the MX South site I also ordered a new set of MSR System X Vented pants & jersey ... hopefully I'll be cool & look great for all those upcoming digital pics soon to come when I'm riding with a camera ... I know, BS just seems to flow out of my keyboard, and yes, I talk alot in person too ... but thanks again for the suggestions and we'll see how things work out.

terry nestrick :laugh:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
A cube jockey is some one that sits in there 4 cloth covered walls (office cubicle) for 8 hours or more, 5 days a week staring at a keyboard/monitor wishing they at least had a window to look out of to see what they are missing.

Some days the lack of stimulation from sitting in my bland, square little cube is almost more than I can bear.

Does it influence my need to ride a motorcycle??? Absolutely! If it wasn't for the ability to burn off the weeks stress / fustration of the office cube by thrashing on my dirtbike, I would go positively insane.

The thought of ridding on the weekends with you fine folk is one of the only things that keep me sane during the week.

Top Bottom