Ammerillo, Lake McKensie

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I used to do the same thing in Northern Illinois. We used studded tires. You could do wheelies on ice ponds with them. One thing I learned early on was you need to stud the front tires as well.... other wise you only go straight!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
What are the travel plans of the HS?

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I will be heading out Friday afternoon late with Lorin and Cathy. Probably arriving at the lake about 8 pm or so. Are there any problems with locked gates and such?

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Swifty, Im still trying to work it out. The 22 is my dads bday and its close to T-Giving so Im still not sure. At this point, Im probably 30% going and 70% not. :(

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
There are no gates. Just drive on in and come to the same campsite as last time. We'll all settle up for fees with Jeanette Saturday morning like last time unless I can talk to her about something a little more efficient and less time consuming.

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
I got your directions to come in the gate and turn left. Where exactly will everybody be set up from there? I hope to arrive between 5 and 6 PM. Depends on if I get lost on the way or not. :)

Larry

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Here are some pics of last years ride.
http://community.webshots.com/album/32936008tyFBvi

I have room for three others in the truck and trailer. Brian and Don have both been offered a place so they get first divs. You're welcome Dwreck.

We can get all the bikes there and sleep comfortably in the trailer.

Does leaving Friday afternoon work? Where can we all meet up and leave your vehicles? Is there any room at your house Derrick? You would be close for Brian and Don.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Friday afternoon works for me. If you have room in the trailer, I'll take it. There is plenty of room at my house for leaving vehicles. We can park as many as necessary here.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Trailryder, DWreck is named Derrick also. I want to go, what time Friday
are we leaving Stillwater.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
It would probably be hard for me to get there before five. What do you guys think? What time do you all get off?

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Five would be good for me, what should I bring besides Sleeping bag and lawn chair.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Between 5:00 and 6:00. I'll try to get off of work a bit earlier but not sure. I might need to take my bike and gear to DWreck's or justql's before hand. I've been working in Ponca mucho lot lately.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
5:00 or later is good for me, I usually am off by 3:30. Brian, I have plenty of room in the garage, at least I will once my bike is back in one piece. (Little Sahara cleanup) Whatever works best for you. By the way my name is spelled Derek also. Get it right!

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Did you have a lot of sand in your bearings? I didn't pay enough attention to your address, can you PM me?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
My wheel bearings look pretty grit free but I didn't have much grease in them to attract it. It was time for me to go through it any way. Finally tackled a couple of seized bolts that had been there since I bought the bike (broke both of them!) No, I can't PM you right now. A check is crawling across the country via the US Postal Service right now headed to DRN so I should have my privileges back soon. I feel like I have been grounded. My web address is MXDSowers@aol.com if anyone needs to get a hold of me.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Tangell, DWreck, have you guys met before? We should caravan. Derek, I may take you up on the garage space. If I have to work in Ponca, it would be easier for me just to go straight to Stillwater after work. I'll check with my boss this Friday and see if I can get outta town a bit early.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
Did anyone talk to Jeanette yet to make sure we have the cabin reserved? I can call her tomorrow if needed.

Larry

tangell

Oct 14, 2002
No, I do not know any of the other Stillwater area riders as I've only had my bike about 3 weeks. I can leave Friday whenever anyone wants to. In other words, I could leave at five if everyone's going then, or I could go later if Justql wants to do that. It makes no difference to me as I'll be setting up a tent in the dark either way.

Toby

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Derek TR42, gives us a shout PM, I am off next Tuesday, maybe we can head on out to the lake for a warm up ?

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Alan, sorry I work Tuesday. I'm riding Friday the 8th tho. Gonna see what kind of poker loop I can set up. I'm off Sat-Mon also so if the weather is nice I might go again if you'd be up for it.

I sent Jeanette an email about reserving the cabin. Haven't heard back from her. I'll see her tomorrow tho and I'll confirm reservation then.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Poker Loop???? :)

Maybe a small wager among friends??? ;)

I'll bet you an old worn out m12 tire that my hand will be better than yours swift. :p

Don- Bring what ever you need for sleeping, cot sleeping bag etc. I'll throw in an ice chest for drinks. We took very little if any food last year. We stopped on the way out at a fast food place. Saturday breakfast at the Marina, then lunch maybe we need a little snack then supper and Sunday breakfast at the Marina again. I'll throw in a loaf of bread and bologna and cheese. and chips for a snack.

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
The cafe has enough to keep you full - a la carte burgers, fries, and hot dogs as well.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…