CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Ok, So some locals have been running this amsoil stuff in their YZ250F's for a season now and im just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this Amsoil product?

Basically I got some for Christmas and im just wondering if I should use it after I have completed my break in with Yamalube 4. Is this stuff to slick for the clutch?

Here is the link of the webpage of the actual Oil I will possibly use.
http://www.amsoil.com/products/tro.html

Last edited:

MotoXdog

Jun 26, 2001
It will be perfectly safe using it in your bike. Make sure you are using any of the following... 10w/40 High Performance (AMO), 20w/50 High Performance
(ARO), 0w/40 Formula 4-Stroke (AFF), 10w/40 High Performance Motorcycle (AMF), or the 20w/50 High Performance Motorcycle Oil (AMV). All of the other oils have friction modifiers in them. Those are best used in dry clutch gear boxes.
Any other questions, let me know!

mitchw

Jan 19, 2003
I too have been using Amsoil motorcycle specific oil in my YZ 426 (10W-40) for the past two years. Absolutely no problems and no clutch slippage. In fact, I'm still on the original clutch--not sure for how much longer. It worked so well for my bike I became a "Preferred Customer" and tried it in wife's mini-van (5W-30) and picked up one more mile to the gallon :) FYI, Yamalube is a synthetic blend (good stuff also).

Top Bottom