Amsoil INTERCEPTOR synthetic 2-stroke Oil

Instaurare

Sep 22, 2003
I was planning to use Amsoil series 2000 racing oil, but an Amsoil distributor said that for non-racing, recreational use, the Interceptor oil was better, since it produced fewer carbon deposits. Does anyone have any experience with this oil, or have any opinions? I was planning to get a few gallons, so I want to make sure that it is suitable for my KDX 220R, which is mainly used as a recreational woods bike. Thanks for any input.

moto814

Uhhh...
Dec 17, 2002
Your Amsoil dealer has it backwards.

The interceptor was developed to keep the power valves clean in recreational snowmobiles that aren't revved as hard as racing machines.

-Steve

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL...who has it backwards?

Instaurare

Sep 22, 2003
Now I am more confused than before. What I am trying to figure out is if this is suitable for my KDX 220R, which is used not for racing, but as a trail bike, and often run at low rpm, and never at very high rpm----my main concern is to minimize deposits. Help me understand this better.

moto814

Uhhh...
Dec 17, 2002
Ok, so reading comprehension isn't one of my strong suits before the coffee kicks in.. lol

Sorry about that, but the dealer was right. It was me who didn't thoroughly read your post.

The interceptor will be a fine oil in your application.

Again, sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

-Steve

Instaurare

Sep 22, 2003
Thanks, Steve, this is good news, since the interceptor oil is priced a good deal less than the series 2000----in fact, you can get 4 gallons for $76, which is not bad at all.

Top Bottom