RockyRoads

Sponsoring Member
Aug 28, 2003
As I was out riding with my husband (Ben) last week, my heart swelled with love at the incredible man that he is. Since Ben won’t be on the Reno ride with me over Valentine’s weekend, I thought I’d write an early “Tribute to My Valentine,” dedicated to my husband and all dirt bikers who so graciously give their time and patience in helping those with less experience. At the risk of being too “sappy”, here it is:

Thank you for your positive spirit and never-ending words of encouragement.

Thank you for always inspiring me, through your example, to be more than I am.

Thank you for your patience and care in always waiting for me after difficult corners or sections of trail to make sure that I made it through safely, even though I’ve never asked you to do this.

Thank you for always stopping and asking me if I’m ready before you take me on a stretch of new and difficult terrain.

Thank you for always saying, “I think you can do it!” when I ask.

Thank you for never belittling me or making me feel “less than” if I tell you I’m not quite ready for a particular new challenge.

Thank you for understanding and respecting my learning process and for helping me to continually expand my skills.

Thank you for your abundant show of enthusiasm when we complete a difficult course and you see the big smile on my face.

Thank you for your wonderful sense of humor and the many, many laughs that we’ve shared.

Thank you for knowing that I need to be independent and ride a separate trail from you at times.

Thank you for your complete kindness and love, always.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Awww!!

:)

You're a lucky woman, and he's a lucky man.

I'd like to add my thanks to my boyfriend. We haven't been together long but it's a much different experience than previous, and longer, relationships have been.

We've only had a few problems--not even real fights--and we were able to talk about them and then it was fine. That is new to me.
He has been remarkably supportive through some fairly major issues in my life, listening and saying all the right things without telling me I'm over-emotional.
He let me teach him how to ride a dirt bike without being macho, chauvinistic or stubborn about it.
He tells me I am beautiful even when I know he is lying.

Ok I'll stop now.

Last edited:

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Very sweet - I'm serious.

BUT - since your husband won't be at Reno a few of us are qualified to fill in for him for riding purposes only. We are very supportive and have lot's of patience but remember we are not your husband so we don't have to be nice and let you chicken out when we know you can do it - we don't have to go home with you and get sent to the couch:)

Seriously, looking forward to meeting you and there are plenty of us to help you out if needed (and play surrogate husband) - just ask GETMETOCA, bratt or gospeedracer......

Brian

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Kathy, while you will miss Ben, you'll enjoy the company of the DRN guys (and definitely their support). The ones I've met are total sweeties and I wish the guys over here were like them - then again, some of them are, they just won't admit it in public ;)

I bet next year Ben will be with you after you tell him all your stories & how neat everyone is (I'm not sucking up, after everything I told Henk when I came home, he wants to meet everyone & ride with you).

In the meantime, all of you going to Reno have a fantastic time and I'm looking forward to lots of ride reports to read :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by Michelle
. . . you'll enjoy the company of the DRN guys (and definitely their support). The ones I've met are total sweeties . . .

Even Karl? ;)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by NVR FNSH

Especially Karl. Why did I hear banjo music when I read your post.........

Brian

I love Karl. He's a great trail leader.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Lol FC ;) Even Karl - he's great entertainment, but I have to admit I was disappointed with our trailride initially - I'd been expecting great things from him - felt much better once Debbie's bike had spat the chain & Eric & I waited ;)
Don't ever tell him that though :)

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Originally posted by firecracker22

I love Karl. He's a great trail leader.

I love him too!!! ;) But, I remember a few times when those were NOT the words you used FC22!!! :)

Michelle, you will just have to come back over and let Karl try again. I'm sure he can fulfill your wishes for an adventure to remember, I know he has certainly given me many adventurous memories!!!! :laugh:

Rocky Roads, that was a nice tribute to the hubby. :thumb: Like Brian said, there are plenty of people more than willing to help any of the riders out. You can even come along with Karl & I if you want an adventure to entice Ben with for next year!! We have never "lost" anyone completely but we don't have a lot of return guests either - I think Firecracker has a bad memory cause she's always willing to ride with us!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by bbbom
I love him too!!! ;) But, I remember a few times when those were NOT the words you used FC22!!! :)

He he he let's see if we can have a repeat performance this year. Do we remember where that hill was? Then again, that might not be a state I want Keith to see me in.

We have never "lost" anyone completely but we don't have a lot of return guests either - I think Firecracker has a bad memory cause she's always willing to ride with us!

I get myself lost! You guys don't have a thing to do with it (well, not a whole lot anyway). Besides I'm a glutton for punishment.

I still need to get copies of those pics . . . did you happen to scan them at all?

Top Bottom