GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Rocky Roads and I have decided to meet regularly at Hollister or Carnegie to get in some seat time. If you recall, she is just about done recuperating from a severely broken foot from a July accident on the bike. I'm recuperating from a severely bruised ego ;) What better reason to start out the new year with a good friend and some fun trails??

We meet at 8:30 since we know the park will fill up rather quickly and we might risk getting turned away at the gate. It's a two hour drive from Modesto for me and just over an hour from Monterey for Rocky Roads. We pull up in the parking lot at exactly the same time. After spending a good 45 minutes chatting and talking about what has been going on in our lives we start to unload the bikes. I have not seen RR since the Chick's ride last January, so it has been a whole year.

Not a surprise, my battery is dead. I have not rode the bike since October, so I have to kick it over. RR's battery was dead too, as she has not rode since her accident in July. Her wonderful hubby had switched out the battery from his KTM525 before she left, so she was good to go. I miss my button :(

We ride Harmony Trail, Olivewood Trail, High Road Trail; the fun Green/Blue trails. Afterall we are here to boost our confidence!! The conditions at Hollister were PERFECT with wet dirt and no mud holes or super slick sections. We recall the ride we had with Farmer John and Kav and doing sections of Troll Trail. That was fun!

Rocky Roads decides she needs a confidence booster and plows up Competetion Hill much to my surprise. I have never attemted Comp Hill and don't think I will for a while :nener: She executes the hill flawlessly and I wait for her down at the bottom to give her a big thumbs up :cool:

It was a pure pleasure to ride with Rocky Roads, we had so much fun and it felt good to be back on the bike.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Awesome Natty! Glad to hear you had a great time!

We're having some pretty warm weather here...I'm hoping MAYBE I could get out for just a little bit this weekend if all the ice melts off!

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
I'm soooo glad to hear that Kathy is out on the trails again!!!! Thanks for taking her out Natalie! I know you guys will have fun on the 4th for the family ride. Wish I could be there....

Can't wait to see you guys in March when we come down (actually up) for Spring Break!!!

Petra

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey Petra! Kathy and I were thinking of you on the ride. She was telling me about the time you two first went up Comp Hill! It will be good to see you too!

WoodsChick

Apr 16, 2002
Hey, Natalie!

Good to hear you're riding! At least one of us is. I've still got a ways to go before I can play in the dirt.
We've been streetin' around on the WR's, but that 250 motor is a dog on pavement. I have a plan to fix that real soon, though...hee-hee!!

I had a good time last year at the Chick Ride, wish I could do the Newbie Ride coming up.

Have fun, everyone!

WoodsChick

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey Tami!! Can't you just come to Hollister and putz around with us? How is the knee anyway? Good to hear from you!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Anybody game for riding out there this sunday?? Depending on how the p[ossible upcoming rain, i should be out there.. The kid may be on a new 450r..

I got too ride w/ Petra and Kathy last year, :cool:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Thanks RIcky, I won't be out there this weekend though. a 450R??? Have fun!!

WoodsChick

Apr 16, 2002
GETMETOCA said:
Can't you just come to Hollister and putz around with us?

La-La-La! I'm not listening!! Stop it! You're a bad girl! :p

No. I cannot come and putz around with you, as much as I would absolutely love to. The temptation woule be too great.

The knee is doing ok. I was on a hike down on the central coast a month ago and slipped on a tree root and down I went. It hurt, but I didn't go to the doctor because I just didn't want to hear it. It's back to where it was before the fall, so I guess it's ok. I got cleared to start skating so I want to do that real soon. Roller Derby here I come!!

I'm planning on getting another bike soon, too...just what I need, eh? Those new Husky TE's are super-sweet looking, and are DOT legal. Hello big fun, good-bye driver's license :yikes:

Speakin' o' which, we'll be doing a street ride this weekend on the WR's. Might go north coast, or maybe in the Santa Cruz Mountains somewhere, go to Alice's for breakfast. Eric won't be able to ride in the dirt for awhile. He just got the 3 pins out of his broken "F-You" finger. He has gained entrance into my Theater of Pain, right alongside you, Natalie! I'm still waiting for a photo of the hole in your leg, BTW...

WoodsChick

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
GETMETOCA said:
Thanks RIcky, I won't be out there this weekend though. a 450R??? Have fun!!

I wish the 450r was going too be mine.. The kid i take riding is going from a 2001 kx125 up too the 450r.. I almost bought one earlier, but, the cost of maintenance is holding me back.. Now i'll just take his bike for a ride :laugh:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
WoodsChick said:
Roller Derby here I come!!

Have YOU been watching Rollergirls TOO??? I used to dream of being in the roller derby when I was about 10, it was just the coolest! I was thinking that now, I would wear my chest protector and all the other protection - Venis Envy and Sister Mary Jane BEWARE!! :)

WoodsChick said:
He just got the 3 pins out of his broken "F-You" finger. He has gained entrance into my Theater of Pain, right alongside you, Natalie! I'm still waiting for a photo of the hole in your leg, BTW...

Eric finally made it to the Theater, huh? :cool: I hope he heals up soon! I will send the pic of the hole in my calf, it was a polaroid the nurse took at the ER, so I have to scan it.

It is good to hear from you! Have fun on your street ride and a nice breakfast at Alice's and I'm sure we will hook up soon. When's that Trials thing at the Cow Palace? Or maybe the SF SX? Nat

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Woo-hoo! Glad to hear you guys are back on the trail and kathy's little footie "issue" is better. :cool:

Cheers! - RandyB

WoodsChick

Apr 16, 2002
GETMETOCA said:
Have YOU been watching Rollergirls TOO??? I used to dream of being in the roller derby when I was about 10, it was just the coolest! I was thinking that now, I would wear my chest protector and all the other protection - Venis Envy and Sister Mary Jane BEWARE!! :)

Eric finally made it to the Theater, huh? :cool: I hope he heals up soon! I will send the pic of the hole in my calf, it was a polaroid the nurse took at the ER, so I have to scan it.

It is good to hear from you! Have fun on your street ride and a nice breakfast at Alice's and I'm sure we will hook up soon. When's that Trials thing at the Cow Palace? Or maybe the SF SX? Nat

Well, I only saw one episode of the Rollergirls thing, but I thought it was pretty neat. I went to see the Bay Bombers versus the Chicago Pioneers a few months ago, and it was so fun! I remember watching Joanie Weston and the Bay City Bombers on chanel 2 when I was growing up. Did you ever see Kansas City Bomber with Raquel Welch? Wow! Check out the Bay Area Derby Girls (BADGirls for short...of course!) The Oakland Outlaws will be playing (playing?? Is that even the right word?) the SF Shevil Dead on Jan 28th in Oakland. I'm going! Eric thinks I've gone insane of course, but what else is new? I figure it can't hurt worse that what I've done already, and at least I'll have the chance to hit back for a change! And I'm a better skater than I am a motorcycle rider, so...Wish me luck and help me come up with a name! My niece and nephew have been calling me Auntie Maim for years, but it's taken. :ugg:

I won't be at the SX, but I'm totally down for the indoor trials thing again this year. Don't know when it is yet, though.

I miss you, Natalie!

Tami-

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
WoodsChick said:
I remember watching Joanie Weston and the Bay City Bombers on chanel 2 when I was growing up. Did you ever see Kansas City Bomber with Raquel Welch?

YOU TOO? Tami, that is so funny. I idolizedRaquel Welch from that moment on and even today, she's in her 60's, whenever I see her I think of that movie. I gotto go find that movie now.

WoodsChick said:
Jan 28th in Oakland. I'm going!

I just marked it on my calendar - I want to go tooooooo!!!! Where is it going to be?

I miss you too!!!!! :nod: I'm going to think up a roller name for you!!

Top Bottom