Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Eric...I'm having trouble getting on your website to send an email so I want to channel it through here if possible...
I'm the coatie that sent you a cyl some time ago. Well the bottom seized. Question is this; The bearings did'nt go it was the plastic piece bolted to the right side of the crank. I broke off into two places, parts melted in and it appears the cyl/piston are still ok. Are these pieces renewable or am I looking at a whole new crank? Do you have one laying around? It's a 1997 YZ125. The kid won't give it up!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Eric doesn't have an internet connection at the moment so you'll have to call him at the shop.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
look into a new complete wiseco crank with a hotrod, i did a 2000 yz for someone and the complete kit was $200 but i think motosportoutlet is selling them for $160-170.

if you get erics book, i think there is a section in there about this very problem and how to avoid it

MCP486

~SPONSOR~
Dec 26, 2001
I believe Pro Moto Billet also makes an aftermarket set of inserts for the YZ125 (Yamaha does not). You may want to look into that as well.

Matt

Top Bottom