Announcement: MTDR Spring Loretta Lynn's ride

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
Spring Bike Ride at

Loretta Lynn’s Ranch

April 6th and 7th, 2002

Middle Tennessee Dirt Riders, Inc. in cooperation with Volunteer State Trail Riders Association is proud to announce their first annual spring ride at the famous Loretta Lynn’s Ranch April 6th & 7th, 2002. This event will be for BIKES ONLY and all MTDR and VSTA dirt bike riding members are invited to attend.

See www.mtdr.net for more info

oldrmguy

Apr 10, 2001
I can't believe my eyes!!Is it true, a ride in the spring at Loretta's? I had such a good time there this past fall. Will it be the same fomat as the fall ride?

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
It will be bike only, but will be similar in many ways to the fall ride. The differences will be that since it is bike only, it gives us the chance to make more intermediate and advanced trails on virgin singletrack. We will still have a kids and novice loops, but the main loops will be better suited to bike riders. We will have more info in the months to come, so check out the website for updates. Hope you can join us.

Mark

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
We'll save ya one.

The guys (Tom and Keith Stotler, Jeff Branson, Bobby and Robbie Stokes) were hard at work all day marking and cutting new trail. They got a 3 mile section of virgin single track marked and will wear it in along with other new sections over the next few months.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
it's tight, open, sandy, woodsy, hilly, rocky, smooth & bumpy, all at once. i'd drive from here to chicago to ride at a place like this, esp. since our friends at mtdr will be laying out & marking & sweeping the trail, & everyone will be going in the same direction.

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
"What type of riding is there,ie, degree of difficulty,terrain,etc?Is it worth the drive from Chicago? "

There is a little of everything there. Hills, rocks, roots, open trails, tight singletrack, soil drains off very quickly after rain. The camping area has plenty of spots for over 800 riders and has bathing facilities. They also have a small country store that has general food items, ice and whatnot. The closest town is about 5 miles and has hotels, a few fast food places and a couple gas stations/markets.

There are only a couple times a year that riders are allowed at Loretta Lynn's. The VSTA fall ride, the MTDR spring ride, the GNCC race and if you qualify, the amatuer motocross championships. If you like to ride, you will love this place.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
This is one I am not going to miss, the Pampera 280 and me are going to the Spring ride this year. :cool:

CR307

Apr 12, 2001
Count me in! Already got reservations at the Holiday Inn Express. Better get ready to get another tire since the fall ride ate mine! Went with a new tire and came home to have and go by a new tire.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Is it worth the drive from Chicago?

Most definitely YES this is one of the most fun places to ride, also quite tough and technical, the kiddies and beginner loops are fun, the loose rocks and talcum powder silt make for some tricky riding. One of the most beautiful places to camp and ride at in the USA.

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
The trails are coming together nicely. There will be a short beginners loop and a 3-mile novice loop like during the fall ride. However, the main loop will be quite different from the fall ride. We are adding a number of new single-track trails to give the riders a better challenge;).

I look forward to seeing you at the ride.

tomthumb

Ride Master - Spring & Fall

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
Just a reminder: If you know for sure you are going to attend, Pre-register by mail and it will save you 10 dollars over the normal registration fee. Registration forms, rules and ride info can be found at www.mtdr.net

Thanks

deagle

May 21, 2001
Loretta Lynn's

The time is getting closer. Things are shaping up nicely. This is going to turn into one of the premier spring rides in the Southeast. I have a friend coming in from Northern IL (580 miles). Who will travel the farthest to ride the famed Loretta Lynn's Ranch? Maybe we should have a contest.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
900 miles from Amarillo TX to Hurricane Mills TN ! :eek:

deagle

May 21, 2001
I see we have a Quad City person. I lived in Galesburg for 30 years and Moline for about 3. We are looking at a 20 mile main loop and probably about a 4 mile novice loop as well as the kids area. Tom can correct me if I'm wrong. I hope to get to work on the trail next weekend. Others in our group have already been hard at it. Once again here are some links. Pre-register to save money. Anyone coming from far away can get more info on the area from any of us MTDR or VSTA members. Just post a request and I can lead you in the right direction.

www.mtdr.net
www.vstarider.com

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
Dan is correct. 20 miles is what it is going to be. It wont be wide open 20 miles neither, nor 1st gear all day stuff. It will be mostly new singletrack, some 1st gear, mostly 2nd gear trail. I can't help but complement Tom Stotler on his trail layout abilities. It is some fantastic trail. Come to ride and have fun.

deagle

May 21, 2001
Mark,
I didn't know you went pumpkin. I am leaning that way once I work off some of the extras I put on the KLX. Can I take a spin on yours to next time? I am kinda hoping once I go orange, I can't go back.

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
Dan, you can ride it all you want. I will be at LL's off and on til the ride, so maybe on a work weekend you can try it out.

troy2

Oct 23, 1999
Bike Security

A group of friends and myself are going to ride Sat. We would like to stay at a motel and ride Sunday also. We are concerned about what to do with our bikes overnight. We are afraid they will get stolen or vandalized at the hotel. Is there a secure area at Loretta Lynns to lock them up?

Thanks,
Steve

Top Bottom