Annual Clear Creek New Year's Ride

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
WHEN:  Dec 31st - Jan 2nd / Wed, Thurs, Fri

WHERE: Oak Flat Campground, Clear Creek (Coalinga)

Karna and Justin are once again hosting the third (or fourth?) annual ride at Clear Creek - come one come all!  It was a blast last year with about 18-20 folks showing up over the course of the three days.  If we get one more rain before New Year's conditions should be near perfect! 

Mostly a fun group trail ride.  The faster guys usually get their rides in as well, so no worries! 

Here's some pics (Thanks ggoja!) from last year to refresh your collective memories of how much fun it was:

http://community.webshots.com/album/59415382hFGJTJ/0

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
I'm in.
Has the 50 mph winds and torrential rain been scheduled? Nothing like pulling Buddy and Mini's tent out of a tree. Or doing carb work with a sonicare toothbrush in the rain. :p

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by Jonala
I'm in.
Has the 50 mph winds and torrential rain been scheduled? Nothing like pulling Buddy and Mini's tent out of a tree. Or doing carb work with a sonicare toothbrush in the rain. :p

LOL! :) I forgot all about that!

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I'll be there on the 1st. I wouldn't cry if there was a little less mud than last year!

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Hey, I recognize those butts. ;)

59335411ZfCEHN_ph.jpg

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Originally posted by GETMETOCA

Looks like you were having plenty of fun here!~ :)

...and that was probably the driest hill in the whole park! I'm sure it will still be fun...even with the mud! :aj:

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Sure was some good conditions at the creek today. Got a dry day between rain storms. Oh what, you guys had to work :laugh:

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Originally posted by fremontguy
Oh what, you guys had to work :laugh:

Oh Yeah! :moon: Well I got to hmmmm.......you just better watch out! When I get out there I'll make you wait a long time for me to finish a trail section. :flame:

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Hi, all!
Yeah, that camping and riding were something I had never experienced before. :)
Unfortunately Buddy and I are going to miss 2004 New Year's Ride in Clear Creek. We are going to Pismo Beach with three kids. The trip is kind of a present for the kids so.....
I hope you will have a lot of fun in nicer weather! :thumb:

Mini

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
What has Pismo got that Clear Creek doesn't. Beach? they can play in the creek across from the camp ground. Just make sure they are using chemical resistant gloves, and aprons. Sand? They can play in the old mine trailings.
Dunes, I don't think you've been back in the the section with the big dune/nude hillside. Heck bring along a card board box to slide down the dune of death. Big time fun! :yeehaw: :scream:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
We'll miss you Buddy and Mini!! :( But have a great time! Pismo Beach is my old stompin' grounds (Cal Poly days)

Jonala, you are CORRECT! Nothing can beat the fun of a potentially bio-hazardous creekside playground with the potential for overnight human popsicle makings - Clear Creek has it ALL!

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
Weather forcast says RAIN!
I'm not really feeling that :ugg:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I just got off the phone with Justin, he says its going to be worse (muck, rain, goo) than last year but with the added thrill of snow :ugg: I think I'm gonna call Farmer John and see what he's feelin, but right now I'm feeling like I'd rather find another venue or hold off til it dries up a little.

:ugg:

But don't let that stop the rest of you hard-core types! ;)

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
Snow, muck, rain AND goo? Now really, you guys know how
crap-tacular I am at trail riding. Throw me a bone here!

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Frank, it was our choice of trails that lead to our march into darkness last April. Thanks to experience and wisdom passed on from FJ, I now avoid the eastside(cow trail) when there are clouds and moisture in the air. I believe traditionally this new years ride is wet and muddy so I'm going riding :thumb:

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Bratt,
No problem riding Clear Creek with axel deep mud :scream: All you have to do is keep that 250 at around 10,000 rpm, in 4th all will be well.

Kidding aside, you will very challenged to ride down there if conditions are even equal to last year. If you have been practicing off road since the Bearfoot, then you might want to try it if you want to be a better off road rider. If you haven't been off road riding, I would suggest you pass, until conditions get a little drier.

Riding Clear Creek is a lot of fun, when you are able to ride it and not fight it.

As for the New Years ride, and my gun ho mentality, if Justin says "next time" I'm fine with that. I also do not look forward to being a human popsicle. I'll camp out when conditions don't suck, but my days of roughing it are over. :yeehaw:

Top Bottom