Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider Ride (All welcome)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Paragon has worked well for past rides but if anyone has a different place in mind, let’s discuss it. Trails and an MX track and a place to camp are really the only requirements we have.

Let’s pick a date and get this thing rolling. Last year we got together in early May and a lot of you were able to make it. Is May a good time?

So keep all your weekends clear for May until we pick a date that works the best for us.

I’m already getting excited :):) (It doesn’t take much when it comes to dirt bikes;))

If 2003 is anything like 2002 for getting together and riding, we’ll have a blast! :)

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
If I show up with that yellow bike, can someone please shoot me on sight? Ha ha, I'm in rain, hell or high water!!

Last year rocked, I hope Dapper brings those syrup injected sausages again. Only in the US I tell ya....

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I will be there, who knows, I may even be able to get a Saturday away from work and spend the weekend. :flame: There are also a few of us getting together for a Paragon ride on Nov 17. If anyone is interested heres the info

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
What's wrong with having more than one jamboree?

We could have more than one gathering at different places with different opportunities.

I'm planning to organize another day of trailriding before the '03 Unadilla race.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by WoodsRider
What's wrong with having more than one jamboree?...
Whoa there big boy, of course we'll have more than one. This is just the first :thumb:

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
I am in anytime!!
is anyone up for joinung me for the Alligator Enduro in march for Daytona Bike Week?

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
... is anyone up for joinung me for the Alligator Enduro in march for Daytona Bike Week?
I would if I could. You'll need to pre-register for this event. The Daytona Dirt Riders have a maximum number of riders and the rows fill up fast.

If this is your first enduro, watch out. The trails are very tight and sandy. You don't have to deal with rocks, but palmetto bushes leave something to be desired.

Last edited:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I'm in!!! :yeehaw: The only problem i have with May is i probably wont get to try out my Sportz tent. That's because it wont fit in my new truck i should have by then. :) I was really hoping to use it atleast once!

What's the chance of having a date set before the years out? That way i can put in vacation time for it.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Setting the date this early is difficult because most of the race schedules have not come out yet. The only date that is out is 5/18 because of a Mountian bike race at Paragon that day.

Hopefully there will be more insight as to race dates by December.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yes. Since we're going to be planning more than one ride next year lets make this one at Paragon.

Dennis Meyers

~SPONSOR~
Nov 24, 2000
I've never been to Paragon, how are the trails there? With the new job any weekend should be OK, better pay and no more working every Saturday! :yeehaw: I'll be looking forward to May, especially with the 2 or 3 inches of snow on the ground here right now. :|

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Dennis,
The trails are pretty nice. There's everything from wide open fire roads to tight technical stuff.

2 to 3 inches? A friend of mine was snowmobiling Saturday up north someplace (not sure where) and he said they had 2 feet of snow!!:eek:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'm in. Just let me know what weekend so I can cross it off the calendar before the warden puts some estrogen-driven event (that I'll have to go on) for the same weekend.

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Be there or be square! :yeehaw:

Hucker, I think you got the wrong guy. I'm not familiar with the syrup injected sausage. :confused:

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Dennis,
They were at Tug Hill up near Watertown. I guess they always get hit with lots of snow even when it's warm in Syracuse.

Paragon is all private land so there are no special requirements except the right protective gear. The website has more info www.paragonap.com

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Sounds sweet to me :aj: . I vote for a Saturday ride so we can stay the night party then ride some more or go home Sunday, If you do it on Sunday, your liable to get some people who come up Saturday, ride, party and ,,,,,, well,,,, go home,,,, :| ,,,, LOL,,,, Not that I know anyting about that,,,, :p
Now,,,,, tell me some more about these sasages with syrup in them hmmmmmm???

XR-MAN

~SPONSOR~
Sep 14, 2000
I read their web site and it said something about a flag. Do you have to have a flag on your bike? I don't want that hitting me in the butt all day.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
no flags for the bikes.....the flags are only for ATVs and SUVs, but it is good to see that some pople actually read the regulations before heading out :thumb:

XR-MAN

~SPONSOR~
Sep 14, 2000
Paragon is a long haul for me, anybody interested in a mid-west location for a ride next year. I'm think Coal Creek in Oak Ridge, TN. For info go to windrockatv.com

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
XR-MAN,

The best thing to do is to start another thread for a ride at Coal Creek, Just pick a month, as was done here, and ask what date is best for most people. There are rides at different spots all over the country, all it takes is someone to get the ball rolling, and I'm sure you could get a good ride together.

Dan

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man, this thread was WAAYYY back. :eek:

How does May 3rd and 4th sound to everybody? I checked the extended weather forecast and it looks good :confused:

Top Bottom