wardd

Aug 17, 2000
I've owned my Asterisk braces now for just over 2 years, and can not imagine riding without them. The level of support received from the people at Asterisk has been exceptional. I know a few people I've even steered their way who were thinking of CTi2's. Up to now, I've had no problems with the braces and they have held up well.

However, after 1 cable replacement(thanks Brad!), the cables are once again frayed/broken, and at least one of the adjusters is no longer able to retain the square end of the cable. I don't believe I have the newer cable design, but that would not correct the problem with the adjuster anyways.

I seem to recall reading something(although I could not locate it in a search of this forum) about an annual maintenance service offered by Asterisk to fix/tighten/rebuild braces. Can someone respond to this and specifically the fee associated and procedure for obtaining service?

Thanks...
David.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Dave If you call Asterisk and tallk to Laura (800)459-2999 she can give you the specifics. If it is just the cables and adjusters I have replacements and could bring them to the Azzie meeting next week (or mail them to you if you are in a bigger hurry).

Let me know what you decide

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Thanks oldguy, and to add to that, for braces a couple years old we offer a full refurbishment on the set for $100. Basically everything is replaced except the frames, they end up like brand new.

Top Bottom