lake

Oct 30, 2008
Try to include the following info in your first post
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5' 10"ish, 145 pounds

2) How physical / aggressive are you ? trails 9\10 track 6.5\10

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? mx, fields, wide open trails

4) Do you have any riding experience? 2 years on a cr 125

5) Do you think you will race ? yup, already do, in the begginer class cmcrc (Canada)

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? yup

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?2 stroke

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
pretty much all

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?$3000

10) Do you live in California? no

11) Your age?
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
I've gone to 6 races on my cr 125, but decided it's time to get something newer but don't want to waste the money on having another 125 for a year or so. I ride lots of fast fifth gear pinned open trails on myt 125 but want something faster. I know i don't need a 250 on the track.
So should i stick with a 125 or step up to a 250 2smoke or will a 250 be to much?

This info won't guarentee a perfect bike choice but it will sure stear the answers you get closer to the ideal bike.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Can you run a 144cc in your class? If so I would suggest going that route. How old is your current CR?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I'd say 125 because they're soooo much fun. Uphills are a struggle, but you'll catch 'em on the downhills and out-brake 'em coming into corners.
I'm about to turn 52 and can't hold on to my RM250 on our 75 - 100 mile trail days anymore. Been riding our old RM125 lately and now I remember why I've kept it around... FUN! (and I'm a click or two faster on it too.)

YZ or RM... the later model CRs were WAY slow in comparison.

lake

Oct 30, 2008
the bike i just sold was a 2001 cr125, i could of put a big bor kit on but thought i might as well just a get a bigger bike for that kind of money.

Top Bottom