Another damn KDX/KX hybrid......

Biggles

~SPONSOR~
Aug 10, 2012
Yeah progress!!!!!

Finally have progress. Just need to make a wiring loom so I can use the original KX electrics mounting positions and finish off water pump guard whilst i wait for some KX rad hoses to come. Only a few odds and sods after that till vroom. :nod:

Attachments

• Progess.JPG
    Progess.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 659

Biggles

~SPONSOR~
Aug 10, 2012
Light at the end of the tunnel

Nearly there, just need to a radiator and a few bits and pieces and time for a test ride...... :whoa:

Attachments

• IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 663

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Looking great Bissles, getting really close now! Thanks for the great documentation along the way. Should be very helpful to others.

Will we be seeing a little smoke coming from the exhaust your next post?

Take note of the 01-21, 2013 images of the powder coated frame. See the bolts installed in all of the threaded holes? You won't believe how many people send in a frame to have it powder coated then spend hours afterwards removing paint from the threads!

Last edited:

Biggles

~SPONSOR~
Aug 10, 2012
Canadian Dave said:
Looking great Bissles, getting really close now! Thanks for the great documentation along the way. Should be very helpful to others.

Will be see a little smoke coming from the exhaust your next post?

Take note of the 01-21, 2013 images of the powder coated frame. See the bolts installed in all of the threaded holes? You wonted believe how many people send in a frame to have it powder coated then spend hours afterwards removing paint from the threads!

Will document tonight my method of fitment for the later model 4T radiator shrouds and post up in the next day or two. Painted the rad support brackets after having them welded for the different shrouds and that is the last peice of the puzzle. Time to go to the shop and get oil/coolant and then ignition.

The frame, it started with machining a washer for the top and bottom head set bearing to protect them and then I thought I couldn't be stuffed retaping/cleaning the threads on all other bolt locations. Word of wisdom, saved me at least a day build time by doing this :laugh:

Biggles

~SPONSOR~
Aug 10, 2012
2004 Hybrid - The end

Finished it last night - only water pump guard and test ride to go :yikes:

Attachments

• Finished 1.JPG
    Finished 1.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 3,605

Biggles

~SPONSOR~
Aug 10, 2012
Finally

A test ride at last, only up the road and back but just to make sure everything is working. Back brakes stopped working (porobably gone on holidays from sitting for so long) and apart from I think i got the gearing wrong - 13/48 no issues. Only took 5 kicks from sitting in pieces for 9 mths :nod: All being well out into the forest this Sunday :laugh:

The only change from the beginning was I didn't end up going with the YZ muffler, but a stock KX250 one. Apart from that, a smooth first up project. Now what next :think:

HRDROKN

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2010
Biggles said:
A test ride at last, only up the road and back but just to make sure everything is working. Back brakes stopped working (porobably gone on holidays from sitting for so long) and apart from I think i got the gearing wrong - 13/48 no issues. Only took 5 kicks from sitting in pieces for 9 mths :nod: All being well out into the forest this Sunday :laugh:

The only change from the beginning was I didn't end up going with the YZ muffler, but a stock KX250 one. Apart from that, a smooth first up project. Now what next :think:

Very cool!

:cool:

Biggles

~SPONSOR~
Aug 10, 2012
Fingers crossed

Finally (dare I say it) I hope to get out this weekend on it. Missed our first ride (www.ttbrc.co.nz) and our next one is Sunday. Will fix the back brakes tonight, but I started it on the weekend and am having kickstarter engagement issues :|

All being well, I should have a :ride: report next week :yikes:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom