Another fork seal question.

tj67

Mar 30, 2008
So I recently purchased a '93 KDX 200 and have thrown a little money into it to bring it up to snuff. One afternoon of riding finished off the fork seals but good. By the end of the day, the left leg was nothing better than a pogo stick :rotfl: Here is the question that begins with a statement: I purchased an MSR seal kit for it and when I got as far as installing the new seals, I found that both the inside diameter and outside diameter of said seals are too large...wrong darn seals! No problem, called the Kawi dealer and they have the seals in stock on a Saturday! Woo hoo! A quick run out and problem solved....wrong again! Same size as the MSR seals :bang: I have verified that these are the stock forks, not a set of KX forks. There is no rebound adjustment in the top fork cap, only compression adjustment on the bottom as well as the correct axle setup for a KDX. Has anybody else run into this issue of not being able to get the seals ordered correctly by application? Thank you in advance.

tj67

Mar 30, 2008
Well, I think I got it figured. After some more internet digging, it seems that the uuummmm, gentlemen that I was talking to quite likely looked up seals for a KDX 250 instead of for my 200. I just didn't think that it would happen twice from two different parts houses. :bang:

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
A KDX250 has 43mm inner tubes, and the 1993 / 1994 KDX200 had 41mm inner tubes.

Hopefully, the third time is the charm for you. :-)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom