Another great ride at a new park in GA

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I finally got out on the KDX after a months absense from riding (new job). This time out I was scouting a brand new park just 50 minutes away. They call it Moto Mountain it's located in Fairmount Ga.

It was misty when I got up Saturday morning and I got my hung over friend up and moving, when he arrived it was raining pretty steady and continued for about 15 miles.
The night before it had rained hard and steady, but we had high hopes it would clear and it did...
Skip forward only 35 miles and we where here!!

To our dismay we noticed that we had just about the only bikes, all others seemed to be quads ( this should be fun).
we bought our tickets at Motorcycle Bob's a little gas station type place and then had to travel across the road and another mile to the riding area.
Parking was jamb it in where you can style but we got parked, changed and unloaded ( kdx200 and the kx125) the wr250f stayed on the trailer the entire trip as I had pinched the front tube the previous sunday while installing some new d745's.

We parked over an ant pile and Yukatan (Brazilian friend) began to get tore up by the nasty red ants........ :laugh:

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
*******s I know how to fix this right now :nod:
I got the premix out and pore it on thier home!

It was pretty humid and still a bit misty, after fueling up I started the kdx to warm her up and Yukatan started kicking the kx125 ...crap not again ( seems we have a fuel leak by problem) clearing the engine with plug out and a new plug fixed her up and off we went.

We hit the track right off the parking area with 3 inches of loose fresh made track mud the tires were spinning and the dunlop trials tire was no exception. the loose and loamy terrian was not the best place for the d803..it didn't do too bad compaired to the d745 mounted on the kx.
The d745 front did much better that the d756 I had on the front of the kdx before. So to say the least the going was slow for a while.. I was waiting for Yukatan alot ..so much I thought I was riding with the wife for a few hours.

We did a longer track by the parking area and trial D across the street that had some nasty long down hill muddy sections followed up by a couple of hill climbs. elevation was about 1500ft and changes 600ft-800ft. we logged 13 miles when the flyer I had read said 50+ miles and was told they shut down some trails due to the not being marked well enough..

Last edited:

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
We found trail A and another nasty down hill that went down about 500ft straight through a creek and along side of it into a sharp right where you had about 5ft then the creek the straight up, I went first and had started out in second gear, then about 50ft up with much clutch slipping and bogging I quickly snuck it down into first gearand continued up to the top thanks to the d803 trails tire and some fancey clutch work to keep the front end down enough to change direction when needed...
Yukatan had one hell of a time with the kx125, looping out at the bottom (about 50ft up) stuggling to get the bike out of the trees, turned around and ready for another try, I waited about 50ft down from where I parked the kdx (I was not willing to walk down the hill and back up)

second try brought him with in 10 ft of me and he looped out again. He was going to go back down and give it a go again but I grabbed the bike and started it back up with my left foot and slipped the clutch while walking along beside it, the back was trying to pass the front but we made it.

Yukatan is 14yrs younger than me and he was woopped so we sat around for awhile and watched others have fun with the Hill :laugh:

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
Back on track B we had a guy on a honda cr250f or 450f follow us in and it was drier latter in the day so we took the turns a bit faster, Yukatan said the guy run up on him and so he punched it and started to try and hunt me down long story short we where back at the truck with helmets off and a water in our hands when he came out of trail B at the parking area.

So the KDX and I are getting along really good after a month of no action, the only thing we need to work on is speeding down a muddy steep hill with confidence..yikes!!
and as always working on being faster in the turns.
I have found that stalling it out in second gear then using the clutch as anti lock brakes works well?????????

Top Bottom