elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
I am looking for a set of 1 7/8 bars for my 1995 kx 250. As I have beed looking for quite some time now. I have come to the conclution that that ProTaper kx high with 4.25" of rise is about the highest I can find. I do not want to get risers and clamps due to cost. I am 6'4" and my goal is to stay under 75.00 for getting my bike so I can ride and stand with out being bent over allot. Does any one know of another brand that are 1 7/8 that may be higher? If not Im ordering the kx high this weekend, any sudgestions?

ktal74

Jul 7, 2005
My personal suggestion would be to go to the fat bars and use the Moose Racing Universal Handlebar Clamp Kit. This kit will bolt directly onto your existing 7/8" handlebar clamps and you get to choose the height of the clamp for the 1-1/8" fat bars. They have 20mm, 30mm or 50mm rise.

I personally went with Moose (Burleson bend) flex bars and the 50mm rise adapters. This brought the bars way up, exactly where I like them.

go to the moose racing web site and look through the catalog.

http://www.mooseracing.com/

I think my handlebar upgrade (rise) with bars cost me about $95. $60 for the bars and $35 for the riser/clamps.

Good Luck!

i know you said that you wanted to stay under $75...but for another $20 or so you can probably get exactly the feel you want.

friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
It took me a couple months to find them, but I got a Pro Taper triple clamp and a set of pro taper "high" (can't remember now what exact model) for about 75 bucks shipped. :) I watched "fleabay" for months. This setup is about 2.5" higher than the stock height of my '01 RM. It's a lot better. I'm only 6'2", but I'd like it to even be a little bit higher. Oh, both were new, in original packaging.

Top Bottom