RM80kid

Jan 2, 2001
Ok i just posted the thing on the pumper carb and now i have another question. Are there any scilencers that improve power and not that obnoxiciously loud but still sounds cool. (like a yz 250 f at the race tracks:D ) O yea i would like the power gain to be made on the mid and low end because i hardly ever unwinde the bike :scream:. Any replies are apreciated thanks
Chris

Also how do u change ur name without lossing the # of posts uv'e made?

Boit

Sponsoring Member
Sep 5, 2000
There are several exhaust systems available for the KLX. I liked the power curve using a Tumper ceramic oversize headpipe mated to a Supertrapp silencer with 8 discs and a Snuff 'R Not in the open position. I could close the Snuff and be spark arrested. On the track, I open the Snuff and get a bit more oopmh. Big Gun makes a great mid-range system. Doug Dubach might have a system as well.

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
FMF powercore IV2 and an oversize headpipe, with a 33mm mikuni pumper carb. I have owned 3 klx 300's in the last 5 years and this is my favorite setup with a aftermarket pipe. My favorite budget setup is the Stroker header, stock uncorked muffler, and the 33mm mikuni pumper carb. But if you want a "cool" sound, go with the FMF, it does sound a little like a YZF:cool:

Marklx

May 24, 2001
I love my Big Gun. Finally got to hear it with someone else riding it, and it sounds great. Oh, and of course, it runs great too. Rev's out real nice, and seems to have better response right from idle. Fit perfectly, great support from the company, and the option of quieter and spark arrestor if you need it.

Mark

One Dollar

Mar 15, 2001
FMF Power Core 4Q
quiter than unplugged stock but with a deeper throatier sound and gives in the bottom to mid range like you want. click on sig to see it on my bike

Top Bottom