Another "New guy, which bike?" thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebfour

Jul 12, 2007
Hi everyone,

Here is the usual old post that everyone is tired of on most forums; I’m new here and am looking to buy my first bike…and need advice on my first bike.

Let me give you the info:

35 years old, with lots of motorsports experience (shifter karts, quads, 500cc mini-sprints, even downhill mountain-bike experience) but have never owned a motorcycle, and am now looking to purchase my first bike.

I have no disillusions of racing motocross or pretending I’m 16 years old again. The bike would be used for riding in the mountains and desert, the occasional trip to the sand dunes, and perhaps even some occasional fun playtime on a MILD track. I guess that I should say that power doesn’t scare me (not being arrogant, but I think that it is due to racing other “things” that have lightning like response).

I should say that I was leaning in favor of a two stroke due to their simplicity and how easy they are to rebuild (I have some experience in this area). Plus my buddy, who has tons of dirt bike experience, rides an RM 250 for the same type of riding I plan on doing and he loves it (can’t have the same bike as my buddy now can I? :) )

Here are the bikes that I was thinking of….please tell me if these are good choices or if I’m way off base! Like I said, I’m new to this, but making a purchase that I won’t regret/grow out of, is very important to me.

Please feel free to add bikes that I haven’t listed here……

KTM 250 SX and the Yamaha YZ250

Thoughts? Suggestions? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom