TEEEE

Jul 18, 2004
A quick intro as recommended by Tony Eeds. I’m new to the forums, and also new to dirt bikes. I started a few threads in the “What bike do I get...?” forum.

I’m from the Portland, Oregon area and it looks like I’m getting into the dirt bike hobby. My brother got into quads a year or two ago and now has 7 amongst the family, including two 50’s. My four year old son started on a battery-operated quad and has ridden my brother’s 50’s on several occasions. He had been working us hard for a quad for his 5th birthday (October).

Recently he learned to ride his bicycle without training wheels and he’s changed his want-list to a “two-wheeler”. Last week my father-in law bought him a JR50. He’s only ridden it a few times and is already cruising around solo with his feet up on the pegs. Still need to work on some circle and figure-8 drills.

I’ve ridden my brother’s quads recently, and a dirt bike or two (literally) a long time ago. After some research here and other places, I’m in the market for a KDX 200 or 220. I’m about 6’3” and 220. I need something big enough for me, but not too much to kick my ass. I like the idea of a 2-stroke, as I could probably do most of the wrenching myself. I’ve ridden stand-up jetskis (mostly Yamahas) in the surf for years and know those things inside-out.

I’m not giving up my surf-riding habit, but I’m stoked to try something new, that I can also enjoy with my son.

-T

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
TEEEE said:
I’m not giving up my surf-riding habit, but I’m stoked to try something new, that I can also enjoy with my son.

-T

Welcome to the site :cool: There are few things in life (legal anyway :) ) that can be as much fun as sharing time with your kids!

We have a good size group of folks from the Portland area that can probably give you a hand if you want to try out some rides. As you have found out, there are a bunch of great folks here more than willing to give advise. :laugh:

Top Bottom