brianfr

Jan 23, 2004
I'm going to join AMA district 5 to race 250C class. I know I need a black background w. white numbers. I'm going to run the last three digits of my AMA number when I get it. My questions are:

Where can I buy numbers small enough to fit three on the front plate? The smallest I've seen in catalogs and at local shops are 7". I don't think I can get three numbers on the front plate.

Also is it necessary for me to have a shirt or chest protector with my name and number on it?

brianfr

Jan 23, 2004
I'l be racing district 5. I'm joining primarilly to race at Beaver Valley which is five minutes (literally) from my house. Also the local Hookstown fair requires AMA membership. Since I'll be a member I'll probably go to some of the closer tracks from time to time as well.

I recall many times last year loading up the bike to go trail riding. (meaning finding somewhere to park, tresspassing, trying to dodge the police, ext...) I'd pass lines of truck hauling bikes to BV. Then I'd get out in the woods and look for stuff to jump, or lay out little tracks to race my buddies. Why when I have a track so close?

brianfr

Jan 23, 2004
One more question

One more question. How do the custom graphics hold up in the woods, as I'll still be doing some trail riding?

Radiator Ron

Dec 8, 2003
I use laquer thinner to keep them clean, i've had good luck with reliability, better than stock. Just like everything else if ya wreck they could take a beating. I ride in winter usually @20 to 15deg pastic & graphics begin to crack. Ultimately riding in woods is tough on plastics. I,d consider spare set if you can afford.

brianfr

Jan 23, 2004
spares

Actually, one of the guys I ride with has three sets of plastic that would fit my bike. I'll see If I can buy a set. Thanks for your help. Maybe I'll see you at the races.

Top Bottom