Another Ocotillo ride

CRF_Tom

Jun 16, 2005
I know that there might be a few races going on the weekend before Halloween. But Cspine and I are headed back out to Ocotillo wells. Just posting for anyone that is interested. We'll have the family out there too. So if you have kids. Bring'em on out and have some fun.

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
I am interested Tom, can I come? Didnt want to leave your thread hanging without a reply. Come on people, It is going to be a blast.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I need to get out, I havent been since Kennedy :(

Im doing bike maint this weekend, been neglected all summer...........

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
Wow! you must be feening right about now, but maintenance is very important. Let us know whenever you want to riding. We go on a weekend trip at least once a month. We would love to have you and your family join us.

CRF_Tom

Jun 16, 2005
Sometimes post don't need to be replied to. But thanks anyway Mike.

Chris. You are always welcome to join up with us for a ride.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
A few of us are heading out there this weekend check it out Here . Some of us are doing the Holville GP and will be there afterwards on Sat but some are planning to show up Fri. You're welcome to join us. Even if you don't camp with us stop by and say hey. :cool:

CRF_Tom

Jun 16, 2005
halloween weekend

Tree, where did you stay? We were out at the commune area. Our usual spot was taken before we could get there on Thurs. We got there...Mike before me. I arrived around 2:30 Am and had a few. No one was around us. We got up and looked outside and there was a small city that moved in overnight. The moho's just coming and coming. We had our little piece of the world and the group just kept getting larger and larger. We finaly put out cones or they would have been part of our camp. I don't mind sharing. But come on now. If was a fun weekend. We did the pumpkin carving and the trick or treating out there. It was cool that the kids from the other camps came by. Good thing we were prepared with the goodies. Nobody got seriouslt hurt from our camp. Which is always a plus. Watched Mike drop his bike twice trying to climb devils slide. I figured I had fixed my bike over the summer from falls and trees (Kennedy Meadows) I wasn't about to try something like that. On Sunday the two wheelers went for a ride and ended up doing the tuck and roll after hitting the bank of a wash. No harm, no foul. The bike is fine. Went back to camp and did some more riding then gone around 6pm. All in all it was a good weekend.

Next trip.....Someplace in the dez for Thanksgiving.
I thought I would add a pic of my son jumping. He's 7 and gets very little riding time.

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
Nice pic Tom, that turned out great. As for me dropping my bike.......You didnt mention what exactly I was trying to climb, but thats okay I am not ashamed.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
We were camped just past the intersection of devil's slide and Morten rd. After you past the intersection you cross a wash and there are some small dune to your right. Because of the way that area is situated you don't have people camped right by you. We had a great time camping but didn't get in any riding after the race as my son's bike wasn't running right (along with most of the guy's bikes that did the race) and I just wanted to relax with a few cold ones. There were people from our camp that went out and had a great time though. Next trip for us is Veteran's day weekend. Were heading out to Occotillo (by interstate 8). There's a team race on Sun. Not sure yet what were doing for T-day.

CRF_Tom

Jun 16, 2005
I do have to hand it to Mike. Devils slide is not for the faint of heart. Those who have seen it know what I am talking about. Mike did a good job at trying the hill. There are only a few that attempt it. Even the ones that looked like that had it mastered were falling at the top. So yes. Mike earned the two falls. No shame in that.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Nice picture of the boy. Heck most of us old guys dont jump that high anymore.

CRF_Tom

Jun 16, 2005
Thanks Boodac. He is very proud of his accomplishments. Of course I am proud of him too. Cspine took some great pictures of him jumping. That was one of them.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…