swamper

Jul 7, 2000
Ok, I took my top-end apart for powervalve service and found some minor scoring on the intake side of the piston (enough to catch a fingernail). So I've decided its time to replace the piston as well. My question is do the KDX's come with various size pistons (like A,B,C)? The one that came off of it had an 'A' on it. And if so how much difference in size is there? Are you safe in going up a size? Thanks.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Kawasaki doesn't offer different sizes for rebuilds, they only have "B" pistons. Go with a Weisco, it comes as a complete set, lacking only the small-end rod bearing and gaskets. Just make sure to break it in properly, and you won't have any trouble.

Curt Doelman

Dec 22, 1999
A friend of mine is rebuilding the top-end on his KDX-200 (1995) we went to the Kawasaki dealer they only had B pistons. I noticed that the Cylinder had a C stamped on it should there be any relation with the piston beiing C ?
Does Wiseco offer any larger than standard pistons to compensate a worn out cylinder ??

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
Pro-x -
STD / A - 65.94MM
STD / B - 65.95MM
STD / C - 65.96MM

Wiseco -
One size only for std bore - the catalog says 66MM the box says 65.??mm

Kawasaki-
Same as wiseco, don't know the size

Having the option I'd use the Pro-x, from what I've seen there a better made piston, it a ART piston which is the same as many OEM's. I use a wiseco in my 220 - the stock one sucks and no other after market is made for the 220 other than the wiseco, so the option are limited.

Curt Doelman

Dec 22, 1999
Thanks for your response Sage; actually I never heard of the Pro X brand for
pistons. As I am in the Dominican Republic I can only order through the Internet or by phone; do you have any names of websites or companies I could call to order the piston? As far as I can recall you have your company which sells KDX parts !

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Yes, since you asked...

Give Sage a call, visit his website for contact info. (it's in his website button or available Here )

Top Bottom