Status
Not open for further replies.

nicks_dakota

Apr 29, 2008
Hello Again...I appreciate the replies to my last couple of questions, and the advice should prove to be useful...but I have a couple more questions.

#1 Can anyone confirm that a piston for a PE175 will indeed work in the RS175? I have read that it will, but I would like some confirmation from someone who owns one of these bikes, or who has had experience with them.

#2 I cleaned the carb for a second time today, just to see if maybe I missed something the first time. Put the bike together, and it ran OK, but not right...it really bogged until it would hit the powerband, and it still refused to idle. Also, I could tell that it was still spitting gas out the airfilter side of the carb. Well, I decided that it ran good enough to do a couple more tinkering things...so I spent 30 minutes tinkering (tightening bolts, adjusting clutch lever, and front brake lever). After all of this was done, I kicked the bike and it started up on the first kick. I took off and the bike started to sputter like it was running out of fuel, so I looked down and sure enough...I had turned the gas off. So, I turned the gas on and it continued to run for a little longer and then it just bogged down and died, like it had ran out of gas. I kicked and kicked until it finally started, but it would only run for 1-2 seconds and then die. Kick it 15 more times, and it would do the same thing. At this point, I was thinking that I must have gotten trash in the carb, so I pulled it all apart and cleaned it again. After putting it back together, the bike still does the same thing. It's a pain in the a$$ to start, and when it does start, it only runs for 1-2 seconds. The carb has got to be clean by now (cleaned it 3 times in the last 2 days, and let it soak in carb cleaner for 2 hours). Also, I took the plug out and put it in cap and touched the cap to the head while I kicked it over, to see if it was firing. The plugged sparked with every kick, so I am fairly sure that this problem isn't electrical. Could bad reeds possibly cause these problems?

Well, thanks again guys. I am anxiously awaiting more advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom