bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
I have Answer pro taper bars and I cannot find a set of hand gaurds that will fit without modifying the clamps (making them very weak) the bars are too fat towards the center for any gaurds I can find I have the polisports right now that are modified to fit but when I crash they do not hold very tight and it is starting to really bother me as I am getting sick of buying perches and levers. :bang: I am trying to find something around 30-60$ (polisports were 35$) if anybody has run into this problem I would appreciate you help

maybe I should just buy different bars as I do not really like the low bend as it is harder to keep my elbows up I've been looking at the Mcgrath bend. anybody use these bars please Report

Thank You
-Brian

Jun 28, 2006
bclark001 said:
I have Answer pro taper bars and I cannot find a set of hand gaurds that will fit without modifying the clamps (making them very weak) the bars are too fat towards the center for any gaurds I can find I have the polisports right now that are modified to fit but when I crash they do not hold very tight and it is starting to really bother me as I am getting sick of buying perches and levers. :bang: I am trying to find something around 30-60$ (polisports were 35$) if anybody has run into this problem I would appreciate you help

maybe I should just buy different bars as I do not really like the low bend as it is harder to keep my elbows up I've been looking at the Mcgrath bend. anybody use these bars please Report

Thank You
-Brian

Your hand guards your using are just for roost protection. I run full wrap around hand guards (woods rider) with no issue with Pro Taper big bars. The clamp for the hand guard might not be for big bars. Hand guard clamps that are made for big bars are tapered inside the clamp area to fit the shape of the bars.

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
could you explain full wrap to me a little more this is my first year using guards and i am not to familiar with them. the wrap is just a added protection right ? they just bolt on to the guard I thought.

What are you using then for guards/wrap what brand where did you get them ETC.?

the main purpose for these is lever protection so they need to be strong.

thanks

CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
Full wrap handguards attach to the bars on both sides of your levers. This means that they come around and attach to the bar end as well.

If you want lever protection, you are going to want a set of aluminum full wrap handguards. They are made for 7/8" and 1 1/8" (what you have) bars. Make sure to get the correct size.

Tusk makes some inexpensive aluminum handguards, but I have no clue as to quality. rockymountainmc.com

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
THANKS my gaurds clamp to both ends but the inside clamps are not bored big enough to clamp around the bars http://www.rockymountainmc.com/prod...avTitle=Control&webCatId=12&prodFamilyId=9448 these are what i have but mine are made by polisport they are the same thing i see they have alot of big bar adapter kits for the acerbis do you think that is all i need although the guards i have do not have metal run through them like the other high impact ones. maybe i should just start over man i hate throwing money away. anyone want these bars?

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
there we go i couldnt find them for the rally only pro rally which does not look like it would fit the rally ones seem to be discontinuing but you found them thanks XR now i dont have to start over ya saved me some cash

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom