Feb 18, 2008
Hey guys i have a 2003 kdx 220 with following mods

RB design carb
FMF Gnarly Woods pipe
FmF Power core 2 silencer
FMF torgue reeds
12t gear
holes drilled in top of airbox

generally i ride in tight woods riding that has loose dirt and wet.

My question is am i loosing alot of power with the woods pipe vs the rev pipe. I see on Jeff's website he does not recommend the torque pipe for the 220. Has anyone tried both i dont want to spend 200 dollars for a small difference. I also dont want to loose the smooth riding of my current setup but i am worried that i have gone to the extreme of everything being torque lol

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
The difference between the two pipe is not small. The rev pipe offers considerabily more upper mid to high rpm performance over the woods pipe on the 220.

I had almost the same setup and much preferred the rev pipe on the 220 over the woods pipe. The power is noticeably stronger from upper mid to top with the rev pipe in place. I found that the bottom to lower mid was still very good and lugging the bike way down low was never a problem. If you don't find you are using the upper mid and top end power much then you're likely not missing anything. If you are opening up the bike and utilizing this area of the power delivery then yes IMO you are missing out and would likely enjoy the benefits of the rev pipe on your 220.

srt2fast4u

Feb 18, 2008
I have had this bike for about 4 years and unfor. only ridden it about 80 miles. I origonally came from a 4 stroke so i guess thats where my obsession of torque came from. I happy i got a 2 stroke but havent really ridden it enough to really get an idea of my riding style on it. I was just curious if i was missing out on the 2 stroke fun with all the torgue oriented mods. I am thinking of going boyseen reeds vs the Fmf torgue reed just because i hear more about the boyeseen and no one seem so use the FMF ones. Also with the rev pipe is your bike easier to wheelie , and does it seem more snappy

84sportguy

Sep 30, 2007
Hey. I have a 2000 Kdx with the Gnarly pipe and a turbine core silencer, boysen reeds rad valve and the top of the air box cut out, and a 12 tooth fr sprocket. I luv the power. I have no problem getting the fr wheel off the ground. I mainly ride 1st to 3rd gear tight single track. I am about 210lbs with gear. But I have never ridden one with the rev pipe. I would say I ride in the low to 3/4 throttle range. Scott

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
Gearing is a biggie also. I prefer the Rev. for the Mid-Upper Power-Band or in other words....WHEN IN DOUBT GAS IT!!.....I run a 12/49 on my 220. It allows me to utilize a gear or so higher in single track & hills where I can use the Power-Band more effectively. The bike will also Chug-a-Chug-Chug. My Carb, Head have also been modified by RB (Get the Head DONE!!) along with a VF3(Something I would recommend-Crisp, Responsive Throttle). Either one will be an improvement over the Stock. I ride a lot of Snotty, Hilly, ROCKY, Muddy, Leafy Crap & Canadian Dave has even bigger mountains. When I bought the Rev./TBC2 from Fredette all I could say was WOW!!!!! What a F#@KING Difference!!!! Oh Yeah...TOSS the Drilled Lid. Let her breath.......

srt2fast4u

Feb 18, 2008
The rev sounds like a good idea now its a question do i want to toss my torque pipe, also do you think the jetting would be diff from the torque to the rev

duson

Apr 21, 2008
I recently bought a 2000 KDX 200, and was looking for a torque pipe for it. If you do decide to get a rev pipe, I might take your old one off your hands, if it will fit! :)

Let me know if you want to get rid of it.

duson

Apr 21, 2008
srt2fast4u:

Yes, I do. I enabled my account for PM and e-mail, if you want to drop me a msg and let me know what you want for your old pipe.

Top Bottom