Any 2stroke KTM's w/E-Line Carbon Fiber Skidplate?

B

biglou

Just wondering how easy to install/remove the E-Line carbon fiber skidplate is for the 2-stroke KTM's. I had one for my DRZ and was not pleased at all with the difficulty of installing it, BUT it did look trick! The 4-strokes have much more to interfere with the plate, such as oil lines, etc., but the 2-strokes are much cleaner so I am assuming the installation should be more straight-forward than on my DRZ. If it's too much of an ordeal, I'll just get an aluminum skidplate. Thanks in advance.:)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Mine is pretty straight forward. Four bolts total, take on front and one back bolt out, loosen the other two a turn and wala.

Wild Hare

Aug 9, 2001
I had trouble with the fit of the E-line on my YZ400, took a dremel tool to get it to work. I was disapointed, but it did look great after it was on:confused:

I bought MSR AL plates for my 520 MXC and 200 MXC. Fit and finish were great, easy 5 min. bolt up! :)

PaulXR

Jul 29, 1999
They protect GREAT! Mine had one bolt a bit too long and hit the engine case, it was the first year for that model (00 KTM300EXC) so that may have been the issue. A cut about 5mm off the bolt and all is good.

B

biglou

Thanks, guys. I just didn't want the same issues that I had with the DRZ. I changed the mounting holes in the plate to use the stock ones on the "Z". The plate clashed with the frame oil drain plug and the case drain plug hole was about "half a hole" off. I like to remove the plate to change gear oil because I don't want any residual oil lurking around giving me false positives for leaks. Plus, the pumpkin has a horizontally mounted drain plug instead of vertical like the 'zuk.
Modifications I don't mind. Total rework is another story!

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
I had to do major modifications to mine to make it fit on the Gas Gas.Even though it was made for it. It is also heavier than an aluminum skid plate. All their other products are top notch.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
GGMan they just didn't like YOU. ;)

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
I just put one on my 01 250 EXC today and I did have to grind down the alluminum bars that go between the frame and the engine. The way it came, they wouldnt fit. Not a big deal, just a minor inconvenience.

Mr. Mark

Jan 6, 2000
Mine fit perfectly and covers well. It fits so well It's hard to see.

I especially like how it fills the area between the down tubes and the

motor blocking mud buildup. The rounded bottom makes it a little

unstable on work stands. The bolt heads aren't recessed either.

I would probably get an e-rider or EE plate if I could do it over.

I like the clamps better and also like the flush bolt heads on

the bottom. The e-line is a bit pricey too.

Mark
`00 KTM 300 E/XC

Top Bottom