BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The Farm is a possibility but there has been zero trail or track work. With all the rain, just about everywhere will have tall weeds. Any ideas? Crossbar, Kiamichi, River Valley, the 500??????

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i'll be at the ponca state race on the 26th and 27th so i'm out. if you can't put anything together, you should come race with us. practice saturday, race sunday. there are some good people in the vet classes. we have a good time.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
craig_enid said:
I've got non-riding family here for the weekend.
Good luck, guys.

Yeah, likely story, come clean, how many non-running bikes in the garage? :nener:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Even though I live about 4 miles from the Indy 500, I think I might take a ride over and see the Springfield Mile..

I went to Mt. Morris last year, it was cool.. Nice to get out of town for a race.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
My riding/racing expenditures have gotten a little out of hand recently. If I have any free time that weekend I will probably spend it doing trail work at the 500.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
DWreck said:
My riding/racing expenditures have gotten a little out of hand recently. If I have any free time that weekend I will probably spend it doing trail work at the 500.

You could say that again. That trip to Chadwick is turning out to be quite the expensive one. :ahhh:

Details later, like Saturday-ish. Suspense until then.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
evenslower said:
You could say that again. That trip to Chadwick is turning out to be quite the expensive one. :ahhh:

Details later, like Saturday-ish. Suspense until then.
Inquiring minds want to know!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
DWreck said:
My riding/racing expenditures have gotten a little out of hand recently.

i know all about that. my gas bills are up to about $400/month. it's killing me. i just put one of my old bikes on the auction site to help pay bills.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Fuel + parts + entry fees = Big credit card bill.

I used to laugh at the guys pulling a three railed trailer behind a Honda Civic but I am starting to like the looks of that set up. I wonder what the towing capacity of a Ford Festiva is.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Never mind. I just got an e-mail stating that I have won the Australian lottery. $800,000 American dollars. I guess they do it differently over there and draw random e-mail addresses for the winner. That explains how I won without knowingly entering.

All I have to do is contact the Nigeria representative office in Africa and give them my personal information. :whoa:

Does anyone have Chad Reeds number? Maybe he can check this out for me when he goes home to see if it's legit. After all he isn't racing the Nationals so he should have plenty of free time.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
mx547 said:
i know all about that. my gas bills are up to about $400/month. it's killing me. i just put one of my old bikes on the auction site to help pay bills.
My gas bill is about that high every week without factoring in riding.
Chad should be able to help you out, you will have to front his expenses first I'm sure.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
im hoping that protoge5 will keep me financially solvent as gas prices dont seem to be going down. the beauty of dualsport is that you ride your bike to the trails. hahaha

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Well, Chadwick was awesome, but expensive. It all started on those rocks. After really not riding at all for the last 2 years (5 times total), they kicked my butt. I was just off and struggled more than I had in a long time. After pretty much destroying a rear tire and watching Donald with that trials tire on his CR I thought, "Well, it might not make me look like a hero but it can't hurt." So the hunt begins for a trials tire to try out. I found one, used. Seemed like a good deal so why not. Here she is.

Attachments

• 100_5660.JPG
    100_5660.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 40

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Best part of the whole deal.........the tire came with all these extra parts..................

Attachments

• 100_5662.JPG
    100_5662.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 40

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Just picked it up this morning. A quick PM to Patman to get a little advice and its a deal. Its in better shape than I expected and sure looks to be FUN.......but I've got to learn to use a clutch again!!!!!!!!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That's awsome! I've been checking out trials bikes for about a year. Maybe the Heartland Spodes will really be slow soon!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Awesome John. I was worried that something expensive had happened to the Katoom. Cough up some details on the new ride. Montesa? Year, displacement....

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Setting up a course in the backyard are you? Between the two bikes, you should be a shoe-in for the Last Man Standing. See ya in December. Who else wants to see John in the LMS?

I know its getting hot, but maybe I can pull something together for the early part of fall. That being coming up to Mo.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I know this is a little late, but I'm going to Crossbar on Monday. Plan on being there around 9am.

Top Bottom