any info on a district 17 enduro in byron?

$ly-v-

Nov 20, 2003
i see this enduro on the web site schedule but still trying to get some info on how the terrain is or weather,etc. all info is appreciated, im from ohio district 11 , im goin to try & come over there for this race any hints on driving direction well help also

ccriders

Feb 19, 2003
$ly-v- said:
i see this enduro on the web site schedule but still trying to get some info on how the terrain is or weather,etc. all info is appreciated, im from ohio district 11 , im goin to try & come over there for this race any hints on driving direction well help also

Check out www.iera22.com for up to date info

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Byron is just a little south of Rockford Il. Good race, put on on by a really good club. Pretty good terrain, some pretty tight wood sections, some open farm fields, short road sections, kinda flat (IL enough said) but they make it real fun. The guys setting up the course know what they are doing. I think the club is pretty strick on having headlights and tailights.

Coming from that far I would really keep an eye out here and the www.iera22.com website for cancellations. This time of the year around northern Il is a crapshot for weather. The club is doing everything they can to keep the land they get to use, so if it is really wet I can see them postponing it till later in the year.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
I'm in charge of the enduro this year and things are looking good. I'll be out this weekend and be able to give a better update on any weather issues. Looks like we got back on a couple peices of land that will keep us off the road and add some woods.

As for the terrian is is flat, but we make up for it with log crossings:) We are working on the log section this year to make it less of a bottleneck though. As jsned said we have some tight woods sections but they aren't very long, so it doesn't wear you out.

We will not let people ride without lights mounted. It keeps the locals happy if we at least look legal.

Check out the IERA site for the flyer and updates, I'll try to keep it updated as much as possible. If the weather is too bad we will postpone a week. This keeps our land owners happy. You can also call the numbers on the flyer, one is mine and the other is my fathers, so someone will have answers or call you back.

As for drving , not sure where in Ohio but look on a map for Hwy 72 and Hwy 2 in Byron Il, there will be arrows from there. The flyers also have a map, or you can call and we can help, I've been to the National and QA in Ohio many times so I know the best route.

Hope to see you there.

Top Bottom