Any KDXers using Amsoil Saber Professional?

robl

Feb 24, 2004
I did a search on the Saber Pro oil and didn't find anything. I've noticed some people here using Interceptor and Dominator which are both 50:1 products. I'm looking into the Saber Professional 100:1 2 stroke oil and I'm hoping someone here has had some experiences with it. It supposedly runs extremely clean and doesn't cause any additional engine wear. I ran into a couple of guys in the Cascades this last summer who had been using it for quite some time. Their bikes ran super clean.

I think I'd like to give it a try in my KDX, but I'd really like to hear from anyone has experience with this oil before I do. The prospect of using a 100:1 oil is just a tad scary.

Thanks guys and gals,

Rob

robl

Feb 24, 2004
Really? There isn't anyone using this stuff? I guess that in and of itself says something.

Here's why I'm looking into it:
It doesn't have anything to do with saving money. They advertise it as "smokeless" and clean burning. Although it's a lean mix (100:1), they advertise "excellent lubricity", and recommend its use in motorcycles, watercraft, ect.

The few threads I did find on more general forums out there contained a lot of very strong negative comments and seemed to be based completely on fear and their general knowledge of "proper" mix ratios for 2 stroke fuel. None of the people commenting negatively on the oil had ever used it. I would listen if they had used it for a year and found excessive engine wear.

So, there you have it. I too suffer from skepticism due to what premix ratio "should" be used in a 2stroke motorcycle engine. However, wouldn't it be just awesome to ride a 2stroke in the woods that produces no smoke, doesn't stink and still lasts just as long?

Just some thoughts to ponder. I'm not sure I'm brave (stupid??) enough to try it yet.

Rob

crhines

Aug 27, 2006
I just switched from Motul 800 to Amsoil Interceptor, and the Interceptor burns virtually spoke free at 44:1. The thought of running at 100:1 is unsettling.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
crhines said:
I just switched from Motul 800 to Amsoil Interceptor, and the Interceptor burns virtually spoke free at 44:1. The thought of running at 100:1 is unsettling.

I hate it when my engine burns my spokes up...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…