any michigan riders goin to silver lake dunes april 15 and 16

jonnyriabov

Oct 27, 2005
Hey....

Me and a couple buddys are drivin up to Silver Lake Dunes friday april 14th so we can ride sat 15 and sun 16.

Anyone else goin there?

jonny

jonnyriabov

Oct 27, 2005
Silver Lake was Amazing. Satuday was nice and warm, with minimal line-ups, Sunday was a little cooler and we had the dunes pretty much to ourselves. There were lots of nice toys running around those dunes. Sweet sandrails, quads, trucks, suvs, trikes, bikes, and the occasional chevy astro van...lol. The sand rails were real pieces of work, lots of money into those I bet.

The sands were soft, and no real injuries occurred, that I know of. Lots of big step ups!!! Our home made flags worked great. We had a few scares with big ass trucks not following the directional rules, but nothing a jump spotter couldn't fix.

My buddy blew his 2000 cr250 up the first day. Dave Allan Racing had the piston in stock, and Apple tree automotive honed the ring snag scrapes out for him. All parts and services were purchased within 20 feet of the dunes parking lot....and the good ol' rebuild happened in the parking lot, dust and all, what a sight to see.

All in all, it was a great trip. We met lots of cool people, and will definently make the trip again. I recommend Silver Lake Michigan to anyone who likes to rides in general.

jonny

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
we are 4th of july regulars :aj: check my gallery for the G rated pics ;) and a clip of a jump we found over by lake michigan

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
did ya'll stay at Val Du Lakes?? last 4th there were some Canadians there flying their flag with a dixie flag under it LOL

jonnyriabov

Oct 27, 2005
naw we stayed in mears, in the the resort hotel thing.....nice place....no dixie flags for us, this time, but my buddy decked out our bikes in canada flags.......soo we stuck out like a sore thumb, those came right off as soon as I got back. I Met lots of cool guys there, who told me to come back for the 4th cause the place is crazy with ladies ridin in limited clothing...lol

Top Bottom